Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 02:54 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
There are two people on this site that just won't buy anything you say that is bad about the area they live in. I got the same crap about Portrichey.
Maybe thats because me and that other person are very familiar with the area and dont see this whole west of Mariner area as the problematic area floridagirl777 is painting, sure there is a small area or two near SH blvd and 19 that may cater to a poorer demographic but that in noway in my opinion represents the huge swath of SH that floridagirl777 seems to be ascribing to this type of poor demographic.

Chas Arent you of the opinion that everything from Brookesville to PassaGrille is nothing but bums and druggies?Dana Shores being the only exception..?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 04:42 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Maybe thats because me and that other person are very familiar with the area and dont see this whole west of Mariner area as the problematic area floridagirl777 is painting, sure there is a small area or two near SH blvd and 19 that may cater to a poorer demographic but that in noway in my opinion represents the huge swath of SH that floridagirl777 seems to be ascribing to this type of poor demographic.

Chas Arent you of the opinion that everything from Brookesville to PassaGrille is nothing but bums and druggies?Dana Shores being the only exception..?
Nope.

Just west Pasco from Hoilday to Hudson has the most trash and druggies. Once you go south of Pasco county into the Tarpon area and south it's a horse of a different color and homes prices are 10 times higher.

Most of Tampa is bad also, minus Danashores and the higher class richer areas, like south Tampa and such. Town and country is as bad as west Pasco, just not as many rednecks.

Every town- city will have it's bad and good areas. Springhill is still 10 times better than west Pasco, but parts of it are starting to look like west Pasco with the renters and druggies.

Springhill like west Pasco was built for older people getting out of work and wanting to live in a warmer place, just that west Pasco started to build up around 1972 thru 75 while Springhill around the early 1980's. From what i was told Westport was a great place until around the late 1990's. Once all the old people started to die off they were replaced with renters that deal drugs and all kinds of crime. Seems Springhill will also follow the path of west Pasco, just a few years later.

I remember how nice TNC was back in the 60's and 70's, now most if it is gang bangers.

Old 01-01-2013, 05:47 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl777 View Post
The majority of the people in the neighborhood keep their homes maintained, take care of their animals properly (my husband was bit by a rabid cat in our old neighborhood because one of our neighbors did not take it for vaccines), and take care of their kids properly. (Don't get me started on the parents in our old neighborhood … ugh! I have NO RESPECT for folks who let their 3 and 4 year olds wander the streets unsupervised. That would NEVER happen where I am now.)
Woman arrested for leaving 3-year-old home alone | | Safety Harbor-East Lake-Oldsmar News

Really Now

Old 01-01-2013, 06:44 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Two? I count 6 respondents who disagree with the assumptions posted by those who left the area or never lived here before.

Seems to me 2 people have their noses stuck high in the air.

Quote:
There are two people on this site that just won't buy anything you say that is bad about the area they live in. I got the same crap about Portrichey.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Two? I count 6 respondents who disagree with the assumptions posted by those who left the area or never lived here before.

Seems to me 2 people have their noses stuck high in the air.
It is you and mike, or you two are the same person.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:56 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
No we are not the same person. Just a couple of realists. Count the posters who responded to this thread and see that none of them agree with you or the person who felt Spring Hill was not good enough for them.

Quote:

Old 01-01-2013, 07:47 AM

1,024 posts, read 1,800,282 times
LOL! Whoops. Guess it does happen.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
No we are not the same person. Just a couple of realists. Count the posters who responded to this thread and see that none of them agree with you or the person who felt Spring Hill was not good enough for them.
As i've said before, i think SH is 10 times better than west Pasco, but it also is starting to look like Westport and many parts of the area.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:10 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
I can point out a vast amount of generalizations, untruths and flat out ridiculous comments from you through out your posts.
You can not say the same about me. You have absolutely zero credibility.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:11 AM

1,024 posts, read 1,800,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post

Did I say it catered to a poor demographic? I don't remember that. I merely believe that if someone is going to move to Spring Hill with children, they'd probably prefer to live in Sterling Hills, The Oaks, Pristine Place, etc. or somewhere else with sidewalks and with a larger percentage of young families. The 34608 area code where we lived had NO sidewalks. My kids had to ride their bikes in the street if they wanted to play. There weren't very many children where I lived, and the ones that lived there were not the kind of kids any decent parent would want their children hanging around. My friends who lived in my area and around it all experienced the same thing. My friends living in the aforementioned subdivisions did not. So I am only going on my experience here when I advise someone not to live in the same area I lived in.

Obviously other people feel differently. I wonder if those people would feel the same as I do if they had young children. We left Spring Hill to seek a better life for our family, yet there are some aspects of Spring Hill I miss … the traffic up there was way easier to deal with, the school my children attended was easier for them academically, and life was simpler overall. But we couldn't stay in Spring Hill … especially not in our neighborhood with the kinds of things by which we were surrounded. Not only that, but my husband couldn't attain his career goals there and we wanted more opportunities for our kids. Most everything we do recreationally is down further south, and most of our family is down here as well. My biggest regret is not moving sooner. My kids would have had an easier time adjusting to the more rigorous academic pace here had they been younger.

Please do not misunderstand me. I never intended to paint a horrid picture of Spring Hill. There are plenty of people who are very happy living there. It's a great area for people looking for super inexpensive living, a slower pace of life, and an area with plenty of activities for retirees. But if I have the opportunity to steer young families who can afford a more family-friendly locale focused on children, then yes … I will advise them to go elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay