Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 04:36 PM

633 posts, read 1,012,667 times

Advertisements

Hi Bree congrats on getting out of the Metro DC area! We have about 2 years left and then we are moving to Fla too. Not sure where yet - we've looked at Lakeland and a few other place. Actually we have friends in LOL who love it there! Not sure what subdivision, but they are early 40s with 1 child in HS and 1 around middle school age.

I truly believe that if you can handle traffic in Metro DC, anywhere else is a piece of cake. Good luck on your move, can't wait to hear more about LOL when you get there & get settled in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 07:18 PM

158 posts, read 438,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaving4Ca View Post
Hi Bree congrats on getting out of the Metro DC area! We have about 2 years left and then we are moving to Fla too. Not sure where yet - we've looked at Lakeland and a few other place. Actually we have friends in LOL who love it there! Not sure what subdivision, but they are early 40s with 1 child in HS and 1 around middle school age.

I truly believe that if you can handle traffic in Metro DC, anywhere else is a piece of cake. Good luck on your move, can't wait to hear more about LOL when you get there & get settled in.
We started to breed later in life, so our kids are young - oldest will be 11 very soon. I am early 40s but hubby is 39. Are you in DC Metro? PM me so we can complain and rejoice all at the same time. Many cool things here, but I do think that the bad outweigh the good. Hubby turned on the news yesterday and turned toward me and said, "let's see how many murders there were last night." I love going out with my girlfriends and we have a FABULOUS time in DC or Baltimore, but I am seriously worried about being frickin shot or stabbed the entire evening.

Old 01-13-2013, 04:43 PM

929 posts, read 2,723,802 times
Somewhere North of SR54, West of US41, was a Trash Dump. It was one of the Neighborhoods near, or yours. If you do some research online, you can find the info.
There is a problem with the gasses rising out of the ground from the burred trash.

My wife doesn't like the monthly dues in that and other areas in that general area. You pay ALOT for the common areas to be maintained, community pool, etcc.

Old 01-13-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider7811 View Post
Somewhere North of SR54, West of US41, was a Trash Dump. It was one of the Neighborhoods near, or yours. If you do some research online, you can find the info.
There is a problem with the gasses rising out of the ground from the burred trash.

My wife doesn't like the monthly dues in that and other areas in that general area. You pay ALOT for the common areas to be maintained, community pool, etcc.
The military base we just left has an entire area of a neighborhood (brand new homes) that are uninhabitable due to that. The methane (I think) gas concentration is too high. We are renting this first year, so no dues for us. That is definitely something to take into consideration when we do buy next year.

We made it here last night. Staying at a little resort in the Lakeland/Mulberry area this week while we wait for our household goods to arrive. We are going to get the keys for the house tomorrow and finally get to see it. I am anxious to see the area -and get me a Cuban sandwich lol

Old 01-13-2013, 06:58 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,800,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bree~ View Post
The military base we just left has an entire area of a neighborhood (brand new homes) that are uninhabitable due to that. The methane (I think) gas concentration is too high. We are renting this first year, so no dues for us. That is definitely something to take into consideration when we do buy next year.

We made it here last night. Staying at a little resort in the Lakeland/Mulberry area this week while we wait for our household goods to arrive. We are going to get the keys for the house tomorrow and finally get to see it. I am anxious to see the area -and get me a Cuban sandwich lol

How exciting for you! Let us know how you like it … the house, I mean. I already know the Cuban sandwich is going to be good!

Old 01-13-2013, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl777 View Post
How exciting for you! Let us know how you like it … the house, I mean. I already know the Cuban sandwich is going to be good!
I shall! Thank you for all your helpful comments these past couple of weeks.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:17 PM

143 posts, read 241,506 times
Let me know where you find a good Cuban sandwich up in LOL. I've heard a lot about them (had one at some mediocre restaurant that was so-so) and would like to find a good place for them.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_M View Post
Let me know where you find a good Cuban sandwich up in LOL. I've heard a lot about them (had one at some mediocre restaurant that was so-so) and would like to find a good place for them.
Larry's Deli looks promising. I'm going to get one today.

Old 01-14-2013, 06:53 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,123,759 times
Welcome! You picked a great week to move in. Weather has been spectacular. Enjoy your new home! Explore, explore, explore!

Old 01-14-2013, 09:56 AM

Finally got to see the house in person. We are very pleased. Tried Larry's Deli and its very good. I wouldn't say the best Cuban I've ever had, but certainly quite good.

We have no choice but to explore. Heading to New Port Richey to switch the water to our name then Clearwater to our bank branch. I swear we've been all over west central FL today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay