Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2013, 06:34 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
I wouldn't
Rays have been consistently winning over the last six seasons - can't be said for most of the league's other teams. Team has among the leagues' lowest payrolls. They've been fun to watch all season - including the last couple of weeks with a sweep of NYY and must-wins against the Blue Jays, Rangers, Indians. Nothing to be "embarassed" about - nothing "pathetic" about the Rays. Ask the Orioles, Yankees, Rangers about that - might as well throw in 20+ other teams on that list.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:04 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
They will win the next game just to get me ticked off.

Old 10-06-2013, 11:29 AM

2,360 posts, read 5,247,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Rays have been consistently winning over the last six seasons - can't be said for most of the league's other teams. Team has among the leagues' lowest payrolls. They've been fun to watch all season - including the last couple of weeks with a sweep of NYY and must-wins against the Blue Jays, Rangers, Indians. Nothing to be "embarassed" about - nothing "pathetic" about the Rays. Ask the Orioles, Yankees, Rangers about that - might as well throw in 20+ other teams on that list.
I never said that there was anything pathetic about them.They consistantly seem to burn out just a little bit to soon.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:59 PM

I believe another poster said she was embarrassed and the team was pathetic.

Old 10-06-2013, 01:40 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,899,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I believe another poster said she was embarrassed and the team was pathetic.
I said their play was embarrassing and it was pathetic. Pretty accurate, considering how poorly the played the green monster time after time and the "I got it, I got it, I got it......errrrr, no I don't" play.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:57 PM

Location: says MA on my license but can be found wandering the beaches of RI
1,432 posts, read 1,822,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Well......yet another embarrassment. Not happenin' this year.

Maybe next year......but I ain't holdin' my breath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
I never said that there was anything pathetic about them.They consistantly seem to burn out just a little bit to soon.

The thing is, since I was a kid (and of course, years before that) the famous saying around New England was "wait 'til next year" because year after year, the Sox gave us a disappointing end of season. They were 'usually' a contender so it wasn't hard to get hopes up each season. Like BucFan mentioned earlier, about not getting your hopes up so you won't be hurt as hard with being disappointed, that became the norm. Then, when you least expect it, they won.

I know the first two games looked a bit bleak but you can't count the Rays out. Maybe this is their situation - they win when they have to. They'll be home so hopefully the fans will be there to support them.

And no excuses, there are (or at least were) reasonably priced tix. I should know...I will be one of those fans tomorrow night. That's right, you heard it, I will be THERE tomorrow night and I am so excited to go.

Old 10-06-2013, 03:16 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,899,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinecc View Post
The thing is, since I was a kid (and of course, years before that) the famous saying around New England was "wait 'til next year" because year after year, the Sox gave us a disappointing end of season. They were 'usually' a contender so it wasn't hard to get hopes up each season. Like BucFan mentioned earlier, about not getting your hopes up so you won't be hurt as hard with being disappointed, that became the norm. Then, when you least expect it, they won.

I know the first two games looked a bit bleak but you can't count the Rays out. Maybe this is their situation - they win when they have to. They'll be home so hopefully the fans will be there to support them.

And no excuses, there are (or at least were) reasonably priced tix. I should know...I will be one of those fans tomorrow night. That's right, you heard it, I will be THERE tomorrow night and I am so excited to go.
The problem is fans are not in the stadium to support them. Maybe with them playing the Red Sox and so many Red sox fans here, there will be fewer empty seats this time.

I hope you enjoy the game and your time in town.

Old 10-06-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
The problem is fans are not in the stadium to support them. Maybe with them playing the Red Sox and so many Red sox fans here, there will be fewer empty seats this time.

I hope you enjoy the game and your time in town.
Hey, thanks Prius! It's a very short stay, kind of a whirlwind visit, but I will try to see as much as I can!

Old 10-06-2013, 04:13 PM

Rays fan starting young...from all the way up "north" in Tallahassee

Rays 2013 Season-rays-fan.jpg

Old 10-07-2013, 05:28 AM

Hope the weather acts right while you're here. I thought Tallahassee was going to get the worst weather with that TS hitting, but woke up today and we're getting hit with some weather bands. Hope it doesn't mess up your trip here - but hey, that's Tampa Bay for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay