Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 06:44 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,610,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
LOL! Funny and so true. Tried to rep you, but need to spread around first.
LOL! Thank you.
Remember shoulder pads? hahahaha everyone looking like a Storm Trooper!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 06:51 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,899,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
LOL! Thank you.
Remember shoulder pads? hahahaha everyone looking like a Storm Trooper!
Sure do. I remember trying to pull them out of my wife's clothes all the time. The always bugged me. Now what bugs me are the pants that are too short to be pants but too long to be shorts.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Sure do. I remember trying to pull them out of my wife's clothes all the time. The always bugged me. Now what bugs me are the pants that are too short to be pants but too long to be shorts.
hahahahahahah

Yeah, or underwear exposing pants!

Old 05-06-2013, 07:14 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,899,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
hahahahahahah

Yeah, or underwear exposing pants!
Yah, those underwear exposing pants........thinking should be illegal.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Yah, those underwear exposing pants........thinking should be illegal.
Thankfully, they finally are in New Orleans! I hope it spreads.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:56 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Personally I find driving my truck enjoyable and extremely convenient. I would never take public transit, except for taking a plane if my destination was over 12 hours away. I don't care for public transit's inherent inconvenience of having to be on someone else's schedule, delays, transfers, etc.....not to mention being stuck in a less than "nice" environment and not having the ability to transport items easily.

Luckily for me, I work and play extremely close to where I live.......which both are in the burbs.

However, even before I moved here and had a 27 mile, 35 minute commute....I still preferred driving my own truck. I just enjoy it.

YMMV!

As I have said in many threads, there is no one central location people here travel to. There are multiple employment/entertainment hubs. That plus the demographics are not well suited for large scale mass transit...IMO. There are limited services which can be successful and those who have the blinders on and can only think of mass transit would be better served focusing on target areas for mass transit and give up on their fantasy. It's not going to change no matter how many different threads are started about it.

Again, JMO......although a very educated and accurate one and YMMV!

I love to drive as well, but learned to hit subways, buses and trains, and I take a trip on one of these with my grands so they KNOW what is is like to get on one and experience mass transit, today the gas went up $.11 cents in one shot, trust me the gas and insurance will just keep getting higher and the income will be less and less because we have globalization. I may never ride the rail here in Tampabay, but I think the future generation, XYor Z need it in place. AS fo location and logstics, dont know how they keep biulding in S FLA specially the beach, but they keep building and they made ways to put trains in dade cty, so dont say it cant be done, it can and eventually when the SILENT GENERATION gets out of the way, it will. I rem when they introduced ATMS OMG you think the world woul crack, yet there are here and used daily. CHANGE comes!

Last edited by tinytrump; 05-07-2013 at 10:58 AM.. Reason: correction
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay