Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2013, 05:58 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times

Advertisements

Brooks never coached a football team before.

Old 12-30-2013, 06:18 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,750,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Brooks never coached a football team before.
I don't think it matters. He will be respected. He was the team captain. He is a hall of fame player.

Old 12-30-2013, 08:30 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,248,462 times
Quote:
Yeah - Dungy recommended Lovie Smith and McKay. Usually I trust Dungy - but can't go with those recommendations. Team has more problems than HC and GM. They have player personnel issues as well, imo. I have no idea who could fix this mess. Still deciding whether to renew - why pay for tickets when the product is free to watch on the HDTV in air conditioned, comfortable home?
Because thats what real "Buc Fans" do. Dedicated , loyal fans scrape up the money and go to the stadiun to support their teams no matter what. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. You guys are lucky you have a stadium that close. I have a 3 hour drive to Foxboro if i'm lucky enough to get tickets.

Old 12-31-2013, 06:17 AM

27,218 posts, read 43,942,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
Because thats what real "Buc Fans" do. Dedicated , loyal fans scrape up the money and go to the stadiun to support their teams no matter what. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. You guys are lucky you have a stadium that close. I have a 3 hour drive to Foxboro if i'm lucky enough to get tickets.
Exactly, and not just in New England. Look at fans in Buffalo, New York (Jets and Giants), Cleveland, Philadelphia and Chicago who attend games in snow, rain and extreme cold no matter what. That's what a real fan does, not just when winning or the weather's perfect.

Old 12-31-2013, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
Just heard that Schiano has 3 years and $9 million left on his contract and he will be paid. I wonder how that will reflect on a new coach's salary.
Quote:
Similar situation caused the Glazers to hire Raheem Morris (when Gruden had a couple years left on a high priced contract), but I don't think the owners can afford to go cheap again with players like Revis and Vince Jackson on the squad. They have a lot of work to do though - better get a decent GM or President quick.
I don't get the sense the Glazers are opposed to the notion of "penny wise and pound foolish" which gives me the idea it'll be a reject/retread from another team's firing they'll bring in at a "bargain rate" for bargain rate results most likely. For some reason the NFL has had nearly the same pool of coaches who come up all the time as coaching candidates the past several years with some exceptions. In the end the question is why would the Bucs want a coach with the inability to win with a better talent pool (Lovie Smith as an example) than what this team currently offers?

Old 12-31-2013, 07:35 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,125,986 times
I hear a lot of people calling for Derrick Brooks. Anybody remember how terrible Mike Singletary was as a HC? Maybe bring Derrick Brooks as a Linebacker coach and see how he does...maybe. But giving him the HC reigns is insane.

Cowher is said to be very happy doing TV. Once these former coaches start doing TV they are rarely interested in coming back as a coach. Can't blame them. Good money, less pressure, less hours, less stress and more fame.

Looks like it will be an interesting offseason.

Old 12-31-2013, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Exactly, and not just in New England. Look at fans in Buffalo, New York (Jets and Giants), Cleveland, Philadelphia and Chicago who attend games in snow, rain and extreme cold no matter what. That's what a real fan does, not just when winning or the weather's perfect.
I recall seeing lots of open seats during this season in Buff and Cleveland. Philadelphia has been competitive for nearly 2 decades, except the one season when Reid was fired.

Old 12-31-2013, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
I hear a lot of people calling for Derrick Brooks. Anybody remember how terrible Mike Singletary was as a HC? Maybe bring Derrick Brooks as a Linebacker coach and see how he does...maybe. But giving him the HC reigns is insane.

Cowher is said to be very happy doing TV. Once these former coaches start doing TV they are rarely interested in coming back as a coach. Can't blame them. Good money, less pressure, less hours, less stress and more fame.

Looks like it will be an interesting offseason.

I laugh at fans who criticize the team then throw out names like Rich Biscassia or Brooks as head coach.

I supported Schiano probably until the last game of the season when he pulled that stupid fake punt and wanted the punter to throw the ball for the first down against the Saints. That was laughable.

I'll sit back and see who the Glazers pull out of their ass this time. I blame them for these stupid hires since firing a decent HC in Gruden.

I felt sorry for Schiano until I remembered that he get $9 mil for being fired.

Old 12-31-2013, 08:39 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,992,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
I don't think it matters. He will be respected. He was the team captain. He is a hall of fame player.
You don't think it matters? Lol... how much do you know about football?

Old 12-31-2013, 09:21 AM

Quote:
I recall seeing lots of open seats during this season in Buff and Cleveland. Philadelphia has been competitive for nearly 2 decades, except the one season when Reid was fired.
Cleveland is a smaller market team and ranked 11th in the league this year for attendance, and Buffalo which is smaller yet was 19th. Tampa Bay was 29th. Even Jacksonville which has had an abysmal product for a couple of years ranked ahead at 28th.

2013 NFL Football Attendance - National Football League - ESPN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay