Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 08:29 AM

22,339 posts, read 29,445,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty458 View Post
A friend of mine posted this link also on her facebook. My husband and I went down there today to adopt Rocky! He was there, but he is safe, because of a FB page. Urgent Cats of Tampa Bay. They are going to take him in, and see if they can get in touch w/ the solider. I got this from the FB page, and also when I spoke to HCAS.

When we there, we also fell in love w/ another cat - Rocket. It turns out this solider actually had TWO kitties. Rocket and Rocky were both brought in by "Robin." We ended up adopting Rocket and will pick him up once he is neutered and had his shots!

One thing also we are going to do is contact Urgent Cats of Tampa Bay and let them know our situation w/ Rocket and how we were told the same Robin brought in Rocky and Rocket. As much as I love this addition to our little family, if it in fact this is also the soliders kitty - when he returns home, I would love to be able to give it to him.

I love you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2013, 11:24 AM

605 posts, read 1,054,847 times
That's awesome, Shorty458. Reps given.

I hope that ultimately both kitties are reunited with their owner. Some friend that he had.

Old 11-25-2013, 05:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,236 times
Default Deployed soldiers cat Rocky

Rocky will be coming to Trust Again Pet Shelter in Zolfo Springs. We have been actively looking for his original owner, and they have been found. sadly the owner GAVE Rocky to the friend, not to look after, but to give away. The owner is not interested in having Rocky on his or her return. If the person is interested in adopting Rocky please contact me at taps2646@hotmail.com. Because at the end of the day this poor lil guy needs a furever home....i am sorry in my heart that this is not the epic reunion we would have all hoped for.

Old 11-25-2013, 06:36 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,452,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapsshelter View Post
Rocky will be coming to Trust Again Pet Shelter in Zolfo Springs. We have been actively looking for his original owner, and they have been found. sadly the owner GAVE Rocky to the friend, not to look after, but to give away. The owner is not interested in having Rocky on his or her return. If the person is interested in adopting Rocky please contact me at taps2646@hotmail.com. Because at the end of the day this poor lil guy needs a furever home....i am sorry in my heart that this is not the epic reunion we would have all hoped for.
Sad end, but if it fact the lady at HSAS gave me the correct info, and if the cat Rocket we adopted was also the soldiers, both kitties are SO friendly. When we were petting Rocket through the cage and stopped - his paw came out and he meowed like, "Hello! I'm not through being petted!!" This scenario repeated a new times. When we had a visit with him, he curled up in our arms and climbed on our shoulders!! We didn't take out Rocky - he did see him though, and was also very friendly. Even though the owner couldn't take care of them anymore, at least you could tell he/she was loving.

Old 11-25-2013, 06:41 PM

4,696 posts, read 7,896,624 times
Thank you Shorty for the update! I do hope somebody does adopt him.

Old 11-25-2013, 06:59 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,452,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie of Oldsmar View Post
Thank you Shorty for the update! I do hope somebody does adopt him.
You're welcome!

From what the worker at HCAS told me, Rocky has a long list of people who are interested (7 people) One person was even in PA, so Rocky will be safe for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay