Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 06:47 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,806,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The difference between Seven Oaks and Watergrass is that the CDD and HOA is way higher at Watergrass for a location that is not as great as Seven Oaks unless you rather live there.

The first Watergrass homes had many issues and we backed out ourselves of a contract over there in 2006 or 2007 after the final walk through since the house was really build very bad and way too fast which created the issues. We were not granted the discount the builder was already offering to new buyers since they thought we would not back out...but afterwards they sold it to others for way less and that ended in a short sale down the road.
Looks like Watergrass have similar CDD (1800 or so) and low annual HOA (under $100), but you are right, the location is way off and the amenities are not the same as Seven Oaks offers.

When you are talking about bad builds - were this within Phase I? Who was your builder? Looks like there are houses within Phase I (right off Curley Rd (sp?)), and these are selling way cheaper than new Standard Pacific are building for. These houses even look different, so I wouldn't compare your experience to whatever is going on at Watergrass now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2014, 11:36 AM

85 posts, read 249,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom11011 View Post
It can be a longer drive from Wesley Chapel to downtown Tampa, but it's not crazy. On a good traffic day, hopefully you are looking at 45 minutes each way. If you decide to live in Seven Oaks, you will have the freeway entrance right there so that is convenient. What would be crazy is Wesley Chapel to Clearwater or St. Petersburg, that would get old real, real quick.

I know you said you would like to live closer to the water but there is a new danger here you need to become aware of. When I say new, I mean something that has developed here in the last 3 months. Let's talk about flood insurance real quick. If you move to a flood zone say close the to the coast, those insurance rates are no longer being subsidized by the government. What is happening now from what I am reading in the news paper is that people are seeing a 500% jump in insurance premiums! I've been seeing stories in the paper of rates going from say $1,500 per year to $15,000 per year!

I recommend you google that or speak to a local Real Estate professional to get more information.
Thanks for the advice. My wife works for a major insurance company, and she is going to get quotes on 2 separate homes in Wesley Chapel and Trinity today to see the price difference.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:38 AM

85 posts, read 249,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
Commuting to Tampa from Wesley Chapel is OK, looking at the traffic each morning I can safely say many people do this
You mentioned you want to be close to water... Wesley Chapel is not near the water as far as I can tell.
Correct. That is the reason why we'd rather be in Trinity, just based on the location being closer to the water. We have friends in Clearwater, so we'd be there often visiting. Good to know that the commute wouldn't be too crazy from Wesley Chapel to Tampa at least.

Old 01-08-2014, 12:08 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,615,191 times
If you move to Pasco county, have fun dealing with the utility company. Had a large deposit when setting it up when we moved here then had to be there in person. The line was so long when I went to the closest office, which wasnt really that close. Now we are moving away and I called to get the service stopped. The girl told me it could take a few days after the date I gave her. Then she said, it could be the 30th, 31st or 32nd of the month. Then she told me that she could not do it for me, I would have to email a request in. So I wasted about 20 mins for nothing.

Old 01-08-2014, 04:46 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Looks like Watergrass have similar CDD (1800 or so) and low annual HOA (under $100), but you are right, the location is way off and the amenities are not the same as Seven Oaks offers.

When you are talking about bad builds - were this within Phase I? Who was your builder? Looks like there are houses within Phase I (right off Curley Rd (sp?)), and these are selling way cheaper than new Standard Pacific are building for. These houses even look different, so I wouldn't compare your experience to whatever is going on at Watergrass now.
It is called Watergrass and yes it is directly off Curley....and these homes were build in 2006-2007. I rather dont mention the builder.
My property in Seven Oaks has a $1500 CDD and $65 HOA and the amenities are way better than in Watergrass and to me the location is also better but as a stated and you as well it depends on where you have to be so that is personal preference.

Old 01-08-2014, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanti1 View Post
If you move to Pasco county, have fun dealing with the utility company. Had a large deposit when setting it up when we moved here then had to be there in person. The line was so long when I went to the closest office, which wasnt really that close. Now we are moving away and I called to get the service stopped. The girl told me it could take a few days after the date I gave her. Then she said, it could be the 30th, 31st or 32nd of the month. Then she told me that she could not do it for me, I would have to email a request in. So I wasted about 20 mins for nothing.
I would have hung up and called back and most likely you would have gotten someone else on the phone. Depending on which utility company it can be very easy or not.

I got my deposit nicely returned at the 2 year mark of living at my property and never had any issue, but perhaps my over 800 credit score has something to do with that...of course I have no clue what your score is so please dont take this personal.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
It is called Watergrass and yes it is directly off Curley....and these homes were build in 2006-2007. I rather dont mention the builder.
My property in Seven Oaks has a $1500 CDD and $65 HOA and the amenities are way better than in Watergrass and to me the location is also better but as a stated and you as well it depends on where you have to be so that is personal preference.
I believe each subdivision within Seven Oaks has different amount of CDD. We were considering few and some had CDD a little over $2K. You are right, the location of Seven Oaks as well as amenities are better, but it means higher price of the house. In today's market the difference is like 30% really.

I checked it out and looks like Phase I within Watergrass (or Wiregrass Parcel "A") was build by KB Homes, so no surprises regarding their quality. It also looks like CDD are ranges from 1200 to 1700 for houses within that phase depending on the year it was build.

I was always wondering what's going to happen when the initial CDD bond will be paid within 30 years. The maint. part of it will increase I assume. For example, Seven Oaks will have to keep up with all their amenities because everything will be getting old and expensive to repair, right?

Old 01-08-2014, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanti1 View Post
Pasco County in general is the slowest county I have ever worked with. It takes time to do anything with them. Every time I have to go there in person I have a feeling I am going back in the past... like 20 years back. But I have to say they are improving. Utilities are something with something...

Old 01-08-2014, 07:38 PM

You are right about the CDD differences and it depends on lot size and if the sub community is gated but if you compare apples to apples than Seven Oaks has more buck for your money
Quote:
I believe each subdivision within Seven Oaks has different amount of CDD. We were considering few and some had CDD a little over $2K. You are right, the location of Seven Oaks as well as amenities are better, but it means higher price of the house. In today's market the difference is like 30% really.

I checked it out and looks like Phase I within Watergrass (or Wiregrass Parcel "A") was build by KB Homes, so no surprises regarding their quality. It also looks like CDD are ranges from 1200 to 1700 for houses within that phase depending on the year it was build.

I was always wondering what's going to happen when the initial CDD bond will be paid within 30 years. The maint. part of it will increase I assume. For example, Seven Oaks will have to keep up with all their amenities because everything will be getting old and expensive to repair, right?

Old 01-08-2014, 08:35 PM

77 posts, read 124,037 times
I live in Hunters Green and love it. All these new communities have zero character and no tree's. Since our homes here were built in the 90's the Oak Tree's have all grown in and it just looks so much nicer. With the guard gates there is zero crime. Beautiful parks and we backup to the Flatwoods Park and 10 lmile loop bike/jogging trail thru the woods. HOA Fee's are about 100-150 month though.
Only place I would live in New Tampa/Wesley Chapel. I checked them all out before buying. Movie Theater, Starbucks, Panera, Best Buy, Publix, Home Depot, etc a mile away. Easy quick access to I-75 since they widened BBdown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay