Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 04:50 AM

27,218 posts, read 43,942,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Oh, now that is REALLY unfair.

Some of the cars are Mercurys.
Still nicer than the proliferation of lowrider Honda Civics with thumping bass one encounters throughout Tampa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2013, 08:44 AM

892 posts, read 1,577,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Still nicer than the proliferation of lowrider Honda Civics with thumping bass one encounters throughout Tampa.
PLENTY of those in Pinellas.......

Along with tons of jacked up trucks with and without flags on them, many of them also blasting bass and driving like maniacs following 2 feet from everyone's back bumper......

I have also noticed that many of the trucks have locomotive style air horn systems that are obnoxious at best.....

And almost all of them have either a confederate flag sticker or front license plate in place of an actual flag flying from the bed of the truck.....and also in most cases......a salt life sticker(s)

North Pinellas especially.

Old 12-21-2013, 11:43 AM

819 posts, read 1,409,929 times
Don't forget the trucks that have a certain part of the male body hanging from the trailer hitch...

Old 12-21-2013, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spbbound View Post
Don't forget the trucks that have a certain part of the male body hanging from the trailer hitch...
Still plenty of those around also.......

"Truck Nutz".......the perfect way to let people know that you are white trash.

Old 12-21-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-R-B View Post
PLENTY of those in Pinellas.......

Along with tons of jacked up trucks with and without flags on them, many of them also blasting bass and driving like maniacs following 2 feet from everyone's back bumper......

I have also noticed that many of the trucks have locomotive style air horn systems that are obnoxious at best.....

And almost all of them have either a confederate flag sticker or front license plate in place of an actual flag flying from the bed of the truck.....and also in most cases......a salt life sticker(s)

North Pinellas especially.
Yes...the streets of Safety Harbor, Dunedin, Palm Harbor, Oldsmar and East Lake are rife with them. Unfamiliar much?

Old 12-21-2013, 02:24 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,228,646 times
Quote:
Still plenty of those around also.......

"Truck Nutz".......the perfect way to let people know that you are white trash.

Illegal to display in Florida (thank God). Should be a $6000 fine instead of $60.

Truck Nutz Now Fineable In Florida, One State Senator Admits Guilt

Old 12-21-2013, 02:32 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,625,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
Illegal to display in Florida (thank God). Should be a $6000 fine instead of $60.

Truck Nutz Now Fineable In Florida, One State Senator Admits Guilt
Hmm, I guess all the rednecks in the area didn't get the memo. Just think of all the money they would collect if they went to Seffner, Moon Lake, etc, and started handing out tickets.

Old 12-21-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Yes...the streets of Safety Harbor, Dunedin, Palm Harbor, Oldsmar and East Lake are rife with them. Unfamiliar much?
Yes.....I am familiar.

They gather in groups at the Dunedin Causeway.....and other areas as well....

You need to look off the beaten path a little......

"Old" Palm Harbor, Crystal Beach, Ozona.....

East lake, Tarpon Springs, Dunedin, and Clearwater.

I see them every single day and I've lived in Palm Harbor and Dunedin since 1987.....

There is a shop on 580 in Dunedin that specializes in jacking those trucks up.....

There is a large group of those trucks that say "CBC...Crystal Beach Crackers" across the windshields..

There are a bunch more with "FLO-Grown" on either the front or back windows....

Sometimes they gather way back on Anclote Rd to go "muddin"......

Not to mention all of the 5'7" yuppie dudes with shiny, freshly waxed, never been off road $50,000 jacked up trucks that are always double parked every where they go because they don't fit in parking spaces.....

And then there's the crazy, jacked up Jeeps that look like they've never been off of the pavement....

So yes.....

I am very familiar.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Yes.....I am familiar.

You need to look off the beaten path a little......

"Old" Palm Harbor, Crystal Beach, Ozona.....

East lake, Tarpon Springs, Dunedin, and Clearwater.

I see them every single day and I've lived in Palm Harbor and Dunedin since 1987.....

There is a shop on 580 in Dunedin that specializes in jacking those trucks up.....

There is a large group of those trucks that say "CBC...Crystal Beach Crackers" across the windshields..

There are a bunch more with "FLO-Grown" on either the front or back windows....

Sometimes they gather way back on Anclote Rd to go "muddin"......

Not to mention all of the 5'7" yuppie dudes with shiny, freshly waxed, never been off road $50,000 jacked up trucks that are always double parked every where they go because they don't fit in parking spaces.....

And then there's the crazy, jacked up Jeeps that look like they've never been off of the pavement....

So yes.....

I am very familiar.
For that matter, if one looks they're all over Florida and are far more apparent on the other side of the Bay. Northern Pinellas is hardly redneck central despite your attempt to paint it that way. Pinellas County overall has a 46K median household income with 40% of the population overwhelmingly uncounted in the working population (those under 18 and over 65). The northern section of the county contains most of the wealth, skewing median income far higher. Not to mention the list of employers hardly reads redneck with companies like HSN, Raymond James, Bright House, Nielsen, Ceridian, Honeywell, Lockheed Martin and Franklin Templeton as just some of the largest employers. You do realize there is a county to the north called Pasco you might be confusing? It also starts with a "P"..

Old 12-22-2013, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Yes.....I am familiar.

Just as a further FYI, because they gather there doesn't mean they live there. The coast tends to draw people from the interior areas, as it does on the east coast in places like New Smyrna Beach where you would swear most of the population is "cut-off jean wearing" bikers until you realize at the end of the day most of them are gone because they went home to Backwater County 40 miles inland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay