Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2009, 05:33 AM

3 posts, read 11,068 times

Advertisements

Hi I'm moving to Tampa Bay soon and was wondering if anywhere in downtown tampa has a nice waterfront view?? Is there an "it" place to be if you are a young professional in mid 20s?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 12:06 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwelter05 View Post
Hi I'm moving to Tampa Bay soon and was wondering if anywhere in downtown tampa has a nice waterfront view?? Is there an "it" place to be if you are a young professional in mid 20s?

Thank you!
Your best bet is to make your on personal observations. What might appeal to you would be a turn off to the next person...Maybe a virtual tour of the downtown water front areas would be a place to start. HTH.

Old 01-29-2009, 02:53 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
I assume you mean places to live.. Davis Island, Bayshore Blvd both have apts that have some type of water view. Channelside and/or Harbor Island have condos you might be able to rent. The Cove on Westshore is on Tampa Bay and they have a few apts on the bay.

Since you didn't list what you can afford in rent, I listed a little of everything.

Depending on your likes/dislikes SoHo/Hyde Park or Ybor City. Ybor City is geared for the younger 20s and college kids.

Old 02-02-2009, 03:56 PM

13 posts, read 70,976 times
I live in an HOA, in Ruskin. The property managers, have told me that I cannot park my car on the street, but the street is owned by Hillsborough County. My HOA is telling me that they can enforce their restrictions regarding no parking, because, even though the street is owned by Hill County, it's within the HOA. Does anyone know if that sounds right, and where I can go to get more inforamtion?

Old 02-02-2009, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberchrist33 View Post
I live in an HOA, in Ruskin. The property managers, have told me that I cannot park my car on the street, but the street is owned by Hillsborough County. My HOA is telling me that they can enforce their restrictions regarding no parking, because, even though the street is owned by Hill County, it's within the HOA. Does anyone know if that sounds right, and where I can go to get more inforamtion?
Common practice in some HOA's....If it is in writing in the deed restrictions they can...

Old 02-02-2009, 05:55 PM

13 posts, read 70,976 times
Even if the street is not owned by the HOA? The HOA doesn't own the street, and they don't maintain it, can they still dictate that restriction on property that doesn't belong to the HOA?

Old 02-02-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Even if the street is not owned by the HOA? The HOA doesn't own the street, and they don't maintain it, can they still dictate that restriction on property that doesn't belong to the HOA?
Best talk to a Realtor that is familiar...I lived in one once and they enforced it...You may have signed an agreement saying you understood and would abide by...HOA's have good and bad points...Some silly stuff and some property value stuff. I think what they see is that cars on streets are a crime target...Less crime equals better prop values...Just guessing here. I'm not an expert and don't pretend to be...There is an attorney that may reply to your posts. I can't remember the name or would DM it to you...Sorry...

Old 02-03-2009, 06:51 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
I agree with Nomadicus, if it is in the HOA they are the ones that enforce the rules. You can ask on the Tampa forum as we have several realtors who post there.

HOA's can be a good thing but many times the rules are over the top, IMHO

Old 02-04-2009, 10:53 AM

1 posts, read 2,279 times
Bonjour, i'm new to tampa ! i registered on meetup with no succes, i'm here for about three months

Old 03-02-2009, 07:47 PM

78 posts, read 242,960 times
Quote:

I'm not sure. We can't park on the street in our community but it's a county law...not a HOA rule.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay