Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2014, 04:13 AM

17 posts, read 31,341 times

Advertisements

Soooo, this is it, planning forever!!!! Moving to Tampa by this fall from PA. Just a simple ? When moving into a brand new apartment complex, is it electric or gas mostly? And how do the bills run? Anyone that can give me estimates? I am used to owning my house with cheap forced heat..altho leaks everywhere and its freezing here in winter...its still pretty cheap. My friends cry about $400-600 bills....my gas and electic total highest is like $150. How are bills in Tampa?
And again, any info on best hospitals to work at with best exp RN rates would be appreciated!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 06:38 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,992,967 times
Depends on the size of your apt, if you'll run it while gone, how many people, etc.

Not enough info provided to give a real estimate. Newer is probably electric, I don't know of any gas apartments around here.

Old 03-25-2014, 02:48 PM

181 posts, read 357,194 times
My house - 1050 sq ft, ran at $60 gas, $100-$180 electric (highest in the summer). Seems like I remember the apt we were in before wasn't much cheaper -- like $120 electric only (5 yrs before).

Good Luck! It is quite a change - we just moved from Tampa to Spokane!

Old 03-25-2014, 07:45 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,166,650 times
My apartment is ~780 Sqft, my average electric bill is between 40-60 dollars. (Keep in mind I moved in November). I work a full time job, live alone, don't have cable television, and usually get home around 8pm since my life is quite busy, so I'm sure that keeps my bills VERY low.

Also, I live in a concrete structure, so it probably keeps it a bit cooler.

Car insurance is higher, for sure. My rental insurance for my apartment went up. water/sewer/trash is included in my rent at $30/month (this is typical, at least in St. Pete).

It depends on how old your building is, what floor you are on, how much direct sun you get, how many people you will have living with you....

I'm naturally a "cold" person though, so that could also be why I don't crank AC.

I'm also from the NE (Syracuse!), so I think you will enjoy the change
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay