Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 05:50 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,420,229 times

Advertisements

Had similar situation while at the peak of the Sunshine Skyway Bridge yesterday.....guy was in a hurry. Only place he had to go, though, was over the edge, and I'm pretty sure he didn't want to do that. He was looking and moving to the pullover space -thought he might try passing me on the left side.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2014, 08:38 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,803,075 times
After coming back from my home country I think Florida drivers are the best! In fact of US drivers!

Old 09-02-2014, 08:41 AM

734 posts, read 920,259 times
You folks should visit the northeast if you want to see horrible drivers. Sure some FL drivers have no clue what they're doing but by and large, they're docile by comparison.

Old 09-03-2014, 07:19 AM

91 posts, read 387,584 times
Tampa Bay Mug Shots: Index

Look at the arrest records for the Tampa Bay area; every other one is a driving while license cancelled/suspended/revoked (often says habitual offender), no valid license, DUI, drug offense, leaving the scene of an accident, etc. We are sharing the roads with some real winners out there. South FL was the same way when we lived there, maybe worse. So many people in FL just don't care about having a license, carrying insurance, driving sober and they certainly don't care about driving responsibly. That whole turn signal thing is just too difficult for their walnut brains to comprehend. How are you supposed to light cigarettes, eat, drink, put makeup on, shave, litter, text and Facebook when you have to worry about using a turn signal?

Our car insurance just went up 15% for no reason, my wife and I never had a ticket or accident. I called to inquire why our rates went up and the agent said it was a "general increase" and admitted we are paying for all the bad, unlicensed, uninsured drivers in our area that cause accidents. Because of where we live and all the morons here, we pay more to cover their blatant negligence. Our insurance here is approaching triple what we paid in NJ which is absurd. I shop it around often too and all the insurance companies are sky high for a couple of middle aged drivers with no accidents or points ever. The best part is, when one of these unlicensed, uninsured idiots runs into you (and will probably flee the scene or at least try to flee the scene), then your insurance goes up even more. Total lose/lose situation.

Old 09-03-2014, 07:47 AM

8 posts, read 13,705 times
Default I see it everyday!!!

it's not just you!!! We see patients all day, every day of the week, who have been in auto accidents. Some small, some horrific!!! I moved to South Florida from Philadelphia. One would think the city of brotherly love would be bad- it's pale in comparison!!!
My background is in medical practice management- In Florida, we have entire practices, multi specialty with everything from Neurology, to Physical Therapy, dedicated JUST TO ACCIDENTS. I have never seen anything like it!! Florida is a no-fault state which means that even if you are "at fault", your auto insurance still must pay your medical bills.
Anyone know about this? I am just learning....

Old 09-03-2014, 08:03 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,120,893 times
Fl certainly is in the top ten of worse places to drive. Careless driving is the biggest issue in Fl.
If you are paying 3x the rate in NJ and you are a middle aged couple with good driving records
There is a problem. Please take a few minutes and contact Ryan Green, (727) 498-8854.
Let me know if he can get you a much better deal or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackacc View Post
Tampa Bay Mug Shots: Index

Look at the arrest records for the Tampa Bay area; every other one is a driving while license cancelled/suspended/revoked (often says habitual offender), no valid license, DUI, drug offense, leaving the scene of an accident, etc. We are sharing the roads with some real winners out there. South FL was the same way when we lived there, maybe worse. So many people in FL just don't care about having a license, carrying insurance, driving sober and they certainly don't care about driving responsibly. That whole turn signal thing is just too difficult for their walnut brains to comprehend. How are you supposed to light cigarettes, eat, drink, put makeup on, shave, litter, text and Facebook when you have to worry about using a turn signal?

Our car insurance just went up 15% for no reason, my wife and I never had a ticket or accident. I called to inquire why our rates went up and the agent said it was a "general increase" and admitted we are paying for all the bad, unlicensed, uninsured drivers in our area that cause accidents. Because of where we live and all the morons here, we pay more to cover their blatant negligence. Our insurance here is approaching triple what we paid in NJ which is absurd. I shop it around often too and all the insurance companies are sky high for a couple of middle aged drivers with no accidents or points ever. The best part is, when one of these unlicensed, uninsured idiots runs into you (and will probably flee the scene or at least try to flee the scene), then your insurance goes up even more. Total lose/lose situation.

Old 09-04-2014, 11:30 AM

1,163 posts, read 2,099,314 times
Also, I don't care if you think you are going over the speed limit or above it...if you have faster drivers behind you, GET OVER to the right lane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay