Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 06:50 AM

1,478 posts, read 5,084,292 times

Advertisements

Landry's is a pricey but nice place on the Tampa side of the Courtney Campbell (Route 60)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2008, 09:26 AM

325 posts, read 1,473,443 times
Someone recommended JD's on Indian Rocks Beach. Also Guppy's. Any thoughts on these places?

Old 01-02-2008, 09:38 AM

1,824 posts, read 8,379,348 times
Guppy's...YUM!

Old 01-02-2008, 01:18 PM

4,469 posts, read 7,195,777 times
You're in St. Pete? What about Backfin Blue in Gulfport? Or the Hurricane?

Old 01-02-2008, 02:01 PM

39 posts, read 174,781 times
Here is a link to many of the St Pete area restaurants already mentioned... My vote is for the Lobster Pot though...
St. Petersburg Seafood Restaurants - The Best Seafood restaurants in St. Petersburg, FL - 10Best

Old 01-02-2008, 02:39 PM

192 posts, read 1,164,916 times
I hope that it's acceptable protocol on this site to direct someone to another website.......my favorite foodie destination is Chowhound.com -- you can search it and I'm sure you'll get tons of relevant information about local seafood spots.

Here it is: Florida - Chowhound

Good luck!

Old 01-03-2008, 02:00 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaDerby View Post
Here is a link to many of the St Pete area restaurants already mentioned... My vote is for the Lobster Pot though...
St. Petersburg Seafood Restaurants - The Best Seafood restaurants in St. Petersburg, FL - 10Best
I agree.

I've been going to the Lobster Pot for 10 yrs now with my wife. Always had the same waiter too-Jim, great place, and not expensive.

Old 01-03-2008, 12:39 PM

325 posts, read 1,473,443 times
Update: we're staying in Clearwater, right where the Bayside Bridge and the C. Campbell Causeway meet.

Still haven't figured out dinner yet and now I need to pick a restaurant up Beverly Hills-way for a surprise 50th anniversary lunch for my parents a few friends. This might be more difficult because a) I don't remember any great restaurants in Beverly Hills from when they lived here 10 years ago and b) they and their friend have much different food tastes than me!

Old 01-04-2008, 05:01 PM

7 posts, read 35,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw68 View Post
Update: we're staying in Clearwater, right where the Bayside Bridge and the C. Campbell Causeway meet.

Still haven't figured out dinner yet and now I need to pick a restaurant up Beverly Hills-way for a surprise 50th anniversary lunch for my parents a few friends. This might be more difficult because a) I don't remember any great restaurants in Beverly Hills from when they lived here 10 years ago and b) they and their friend have much different food tastes than me!
If you're staying in Clearwater, I'd suggest Sunday brunch at the Belleview Biltmore in Belleair for a special occasion. It's reasonable, lovely and offers incredible variety, lots of seafood, always six or seven hot brunch choices, six or seven hot breakfast choices, carving station, omelet station, and a wonderful cold bar with shrimp, crab, smoked salmon, cheeses, fruits, and salads... and the dessert bar is unbelievable. The buffet takes up an entire huge room (the original hotel lobby) with over twenty beautifully presented tabletops of interesting foods. (Unfortunately, night time events are not nearly as nice.... We've tried Friday nights and been terribly disappointed.) All of this is in an historic, lovely old wooden hotel that's a big part of our local history.

I would not pick JD's for a special occasion... It's very casual, and not really a noted local restaurant. Salt Rock is a little expensive, but very good. Guppy's is fun, crowded, and owned by a local family with a great history. They also own E&E Stakeout in Belleair. You might also want to look at Marlin Darlin (Belleair)) or Island Way Grill (Island Estates). They are individual restaurants owned by noted locals... Marlin Darlin is smaller, newer, and one of our family favorites... a terrific value, especially on Sundays. Island Way Grill is bigger, a little more of a splurge, but a local favorite. All of these are "special day" suitable, and great food...

Another choice to combine food and sightseeing is the Yacht Starship that sails out of Tampa. Lovely ship, and great food. We've been to brunch three or four times... dinner is also supposed to be excellent. Very reasonable for all you get... and a Florida experience that's fun for tourists and Floridians alike.

As far as Beverly Hills, I'm stumped. It's so far from here. Maybe you'd get more responses if you posted that request on the Orlando section, also. Have fun, and I hope you enjoy your visit to our lovely county.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay