Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 09:52 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,448,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
I hear what you are saying. I am buying at Long Lake Ranch. They have an unbelievable play ground for the kiddies. They have a dog park that is amazing. They are building a awesome pool. Communities are what you make of them as well. Not everything is perfect in life. Come to LI where I am from. Pay 12k a year in taxes and get none of what you get here. Plus there are people that no matter what you do for them would never be happy with anything. Stay positive lol!

On Long Island you have condos with 600 a month fees and NO AMENITIES plus 12K taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2015, 12:29 PM

278 posts, read 434,972 times
will they list "CDD" on the realty listings? I haven't seen those yet. For what its worth, I don't have a realtor yet - so I don't have that luxury yet.

our HOA here in Nashville includes keeping the common areas tidy, signage up to date, pool, basketball and tennis courts.

Do the HOAs in Tampa cover other things, or is that in the CDD?

Old 02-17-2015, 02:21 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,610,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minister View Post
will they list "CDD" on the realty listings? I haven't seen those yet. For what its worth, I don't have a realtor yet - so I don't have that luxury yet.

our HOA here in Nashville includes keeping the common areas tidy, signage up to date, pool, basketball and tennis courts.

"Honestly" what you described is exactly what they should be. CDD's are just a massive rip off.
We lived in HOA's like the one you describe all the time until we moved to Tampa and had to search up and down for a place without them. We have a playground here that's being maintained just fine without CDDs.

CDD's are found where there's a "golf course" and a "club house", because frankly, if you're not a golfer, would you want to pay to maintain the course? I doubt it...However, more and more people move to these places and never play golf or visit the "club house"; they just pay the CDDs and use none of these "amenities"...so to these types they are a total rip off. We avoid them like the plague because they're usually a few thousand dollars OVER your property taxes!

P.S and NO, they don't list them; these magically appear later on...look up Heritage Harbor, or Fishhawk..and see if every home for sale or rent lists them...or Lakewood Ranch...Avila...

Old 02-17-2015, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
On Long Island you have condos with 600 a month fees and NO AMENITIES plus 12K taxes.
The list of things you do have available living in LI is a LOT longer, and A LOT more entertaining than a boring playground and a pool! I guess to each his own.

Old 02-17-2015, 03:09 PM

4,538 posts, read 6,448,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
The list of things you do have available living in LI is a LOT longer, and A LOT more entertaining than a boring playground and a pool! I guess to each his own.
I agree but the fees are high considering the complexes are not providing any amenities and down south you get a pool and tennis courts. Some of the places charge for parking on top of maint.

Old 02-17-2015, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
I agree but the fees are high considering the complexes are not providing any amenities and down south you get a pool and tennis courts. Some of the places charge for parking on top of maint.
The thing is to calculate how much time will you have to spend by the pool and tennis courts. People become so busy here and the heat so oppressive that you won't use them as much as you anticipate. We've seen that happening more than once.

Up there you always have something to look forward too, like the changing seasons, here you don't have that.

Last edited by PhotoProIP; 02-17-2015 at 03:24 PM..

Old 02-17-2015, 03:16 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,297,839 times
Will I use the playground? Nope. My son is 19 and away in college. Will I use the dog park. Nope I have two pit bulls and I don't need the headache. Will I use the pool? 100% yes. Will I use the tennis courts? 100% yes. Will I use the walking trails around the water? 100% . Will I use the picnic area? Yes I will. However go past these areas and see how many people are using them. Tons! Go see all the families with young kids moving there. I tell my wife it doesn't seem real. Its like the American dream. Again there will always be issues no matter where you live. The most important is that in the end you are happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-17-2015, 05:51 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
I hear you about the cdd fees. But I am finding many with no cdd charge something similar to the cdd but just in the HOA. So the HOA is much higher. Lastly many ***** about the cdd fees but then again there are many amenities that come along with it.
Not always true. Avalon on St Rd 54 only has a pool and a play yard and perhaps a basket ball hoop and almost $ 4000 in CDD aside from HOA fees.

Seven Oaks gives you for less an overall better location, 5 or 6 tennis courts, 3 pools, volley ball sand pit, basket ball field, play yards, fitness/bike trail, fitness, Club House with many more things they offer.

A CDD is basically, bonds sold by the County and the money from the bonds are used for infrastructure, etc. and have to be paid back over 30 years as most CDD's are set for.

Old 02-17-2015, 05:54 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minister View Post

Realtors do have to list CDD fees but some realtors or office administrators fail or are too lazy to get the information and either don't have the info or the wrong amount so please double check for the correct amount.

Most CDD fees will be paid at property tax time and are included in the property taxes. Some communities like Live Oak have a CDD and 2 HOA fees.

Old 02-17-2015, 06:02 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,297,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Not always true. Avalon on St Rd 54 only has a pool and a play yard and perhaps a basket ball hoop and almost $ 4000 in CDD aside from HOA fees.

Seven Oaks gives you for less an overall better location, 5 or 6 tennis courts, 3 pools, volley ball sand pit, basket ball field, play yards, fitness/bike trail, fitness, Club House with many more things they offer.

A CDD is basically, bonds sold by the County and the money from the bonds are used for infrastructure, etc. and have to be paid back over 30 years as most CDD's are set for.
Why 4k? That's insane lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay