Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 10:29 AM

8 posts, read 5,311 times

Advertisements

Hey all, I moved to Florida a few months ago and need to find a doctor that takes self pay so I can get my blood pressure meds renewed. My old doctor in Jersey won't write another renewal without an office visit, so now its time to find someone down here. I had no idea it would be so difficult. Urgent Cares won't write scripts for anything that needs follow up care, and the Morton Plant Meese group, who does take self pay, can't tell me how much a visit will cost. Probably about $100-$300 is their guesstimate.. I understand not wanting to say a concrete number in case additional tests or blood work is needed; but why can't they say "First visit is $*** plus any bloodwork etc? So, does anyone know of a practice that takes self pay and actually knows what their rates are? I'll take a 25 mile radius at this point, more if really necessary.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2015, 04:13 PM

3,046 posts, read 4,126,271 times
Don't you have obama care you are suppose to, It's the law I know my wife's premiums went through the roof to help fund it.

Old 03-20-2015, 04:26 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
I don't have any healthcare and will never pay a dime for any fine.

Old 03-20-2015, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
I don't have any healthcare and will never pay a dime for any fine.
That's ok the IRS will garnish your check.

Old 03-20-2015, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
That's ok the IRS will garnish your check.
I don't get checks jack. There are 15 reasons i don't have to pay.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
I don't get checks jack. There are 15 reasons i don't have to pay.
Yea and every time you go to the ER for anything the hospital just passes the cost to the ones that have insurance in higher premium's. Real smooth jack be a Leach on the ones that follow the rules your a real sweetheart.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
Yea and every time you go to the ER for anything the hospital just passes the cost to the ones that have insurance in higher premium's. Real smooth jack be a Leach on the ones that follow the rules your a real sweetheart.
I have plenty to take care of myself. Never been to a pital in my life and have no prob paying what i think is a fair price. Plus i own plenty of stuff they can lien. So before running that keyboard get your facts screwed on right.

Old 03-20-2015, 08:11 PM

8 posts, read 5,311 times
Anyway, I don't have Obamacare because I've been living mostly off of savings since I've moved down here and started trying to rebuild my business. I don't qualify for it. Does anyone know of any doctors that take self pay? I understand why so many are reluctant to; but as far as I know there's no secondary market for blood pressure pills. Meanwhile, I'm sitting here with a BP of 157/95 for two months and am just looking for some info. Thanks.

Old 03-21-2015, 07:58 PM

47 posts, read 144,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calumus View Post
Anyway, I don't have Obamacare because I've been living mostly off of savings since I've moved down here and started trying to rebuild my business. I don't qualify for it. Does anyone know of any doctors that take self pay? I understand why so many are reluctant to; but as far as I know there's no secondary market for blood pressure pills. Meanwhile, I'm sitting here with a BP of 157/95 for two months and am just looking for some info. Thanks.

Check with Tampa family health centers.
They will see you as self pay (sliding fee).

https://www.tampachc.com/locations.htm

Old 03-22-2015, 10:38 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,806,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calumus View Post
How you are not qualified for it? There are different plans and if your income is not high, you don't even have to pay for most plans.
I would call all doctors or even private pharmacy to get more info. Don't call chains because they won't see you unless you established patient which involves waiting time + money...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay