Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 07:56 PM

473 posts, read 544,860 times

Advertisements

One last Thanks to all those with supportive or insightful comments.

To all those with negative comment and attacks.......I will not waste another moment on any of you in this thread.

Old 07-07-2015, 07:59 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
This sounds more like they need "approval" somehow, and frankly I think the family listened to this enough...
We didn't have extensive talks when we moved from Miami here...we made our decision & moved, and talked about it "after", about how it's been "here" in comparison...

That is how YOU did things in your family, this is not your family and you don't get to choose what is rude or not.

See how that works? You do what you want with your family, everyone else does what they want with their family and there is no right way for everyone, that blanket isn't big enough to cover all.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:10 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,358,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrudy View Post
As we enter our last week in Buffalo before my son, daughter and I join my wife in Tampa, its become even more crystal clear that no one, including friends and family are truly happy for us.

We have been listening to the comments for months but this weekend it continued. We had a party to celebrate our daughters HS graduation, sons college graduation and our move. My wife came back into town for the party, the first time she had been back since March, yet the snarky comments continued.

Even those that say "Good Luck" have to follow up with "I hope it works out"

Then there's "My neighbor moved to Florida last year and hates it"

Or the popular "You know its hot in Florida" "There's bugs in Florida", "It rains a lot in Florida", "Traffics bad in Florida"............WTF people, enough

My mother - law has been one of the worst, never supporting us from the beginning and of course it continued at the party. My wife was talking to a friend and made the comment "we'll be living the dream" . My mother in law sitting a few feet away, stood up, threw her hands in the air and said " I cant listen to this talk anymore" and stormed off.

Then the constant family insinuations that we're trying to "Get Out" , whatever that means.

Anyways thanks for letting me vent, I don't understand why people just cant be happy for us.
Maybe they'll miss you all, but don't know how to say so.

Old 07-08-2015, 02:30 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,463,216 times
this thread should have been moved here awhile ago - never really was a Tampa/St Pete related thread.....

//www.city-data.com/forum/relationships/

Old 07-08-2015, 04:32 AM

14,956 posts, read 12,162,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
2 months of a reverse west windflow will change their minds. We are gonna see a repeat of 2006 when i got 4" of rain for the whole summer.
We have had plenty of rain in our neck of the woods this summer.

Old 07-08-2015, 05:21 AM

15,253 posts, read 12,974,454 times
OP, this is a subject I've given a lot of thought to: Why do people suck?

I think there is a small hard core of insecurity and meanness in some people that prevents them from ever being happy about anyone else's good fortune, even if it's someone they love. I see this with people in my own life. The insecure person feels diminished by someone else's luck or hard work, as if life were a zero-sum game and one person's happiness means misery for another.

Don't take it personally. What your friends and relatives are doing is about them, not you. They are incapable of behaving in a gracious way. They don't understand that they don't have to be knotted up with envy and that none of us are as trapped as we think we are.

Enjoy your new home.

Old 07-08-2015, 01:31 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,913,089 times
First you say this:
Quote:
That's not "sound advice!", that's ignorant. Some of these ppl may be family, and to discount their feelings like that is just rude.
Then you say you did this:
Quote:
This sounds more like they need "approval" somehow, and frankly I think the family listened to this enough...
We didn't have extensive talks when we moved from Miami here...we made our decision & moved, and talked about it "after", about how it's been "here" in comparison...
They call that contradicting oneself.

Old 07-08-2015, 01:40 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,913,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
Maybe it's just that you and "your" family are "happier" than family and friends because your the ones "making the move. It should be exiting for you. My family and friends weren't to happy when we moved down there either. Couldn't understand why we would want to leave N.H. Either they'll get over it or they won't. Mine never really did. Only by moving down there and giving it a try will you really be able to know if it is "living the dream ". Good Luck.
So true. The ones who were not happy about us moving here are now trying to sell their homes and move down here with us. Ironic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay