Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 07:36 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
Why you are so against progress is beyond me. A "move" anywhere is not the solution to ANY problem.
So tell us: why hasnt someone opened a high quality doughnut shop where you are?

Old 07-28-2015, 07:38 AM

135 posts, read 138,610 times
Quote:
Why you are so against progress is beyond me. A "move" anywhere is not the solution to ANY problem.
Who said I was against progress? I'm just informing you of your options since you're so vehement about complaining about the most trivial of things.

Old 07-28-2015, 07:39 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,969,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
you can make your own donuts. I make my own and fry them in lard.
lol

Old 07-28-2015, 08:17 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
OK, here is a thought, OP. When you moved up north a couple years ago, you complained that there were no grocery stores that had "good bread" there, so your solution was to buy dozens of loaves from Publix and freeze them. You could do the same here - find a donut shop to your liking, buy several dozen and freeze them - problem solved.

Old 07-29-2015, 05:17 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,610,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
OK, here is a thought, OP. When you moved up north a couple years ago, you complained that there were no grocery stores that had "good bread" there, so your solution was to buy dozens of loaves from Publix and freeze them. You could do the same here - find a donut shop to your liking, buy several dozen and freeze them - problem solved.
I've NEVER MOVED "up North" anywhere! I have no idea where you got that from!?

We moved here from MIAMI, where we lived our entire lives, 9 years ago, and believe me, as soon as the opp arises we'll be moving back there. Miami has a lot more to offer that Tampa ever will.

I don't like frozen foods at all, and we don't freeze anything here aside from meats and ice cream.

Old 07-29-2015, 05:23 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,610,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogler View Post
Who said I was against progress? I'm just informing you of your options since you're so vehement about complaining about the most trivial of things.
I am complaining about the fact that there isn't a good dessert pace around. In Coral Gables we had the BEST bakery ever! They had cakes, cookies, donuts etc., and everything was freshly made right there. It was also very clean and stylish. I don't understand why you think it is somehow "OK" not to have a few shops like that here too!

There is plenty of space available, and plenty of people who would appreciate having a place to go for desserts other than Ice cream at Tania & Matt's. You don't even live here, so why do you care? This doesn't affect you does it? You can continue enjoying grocery store stuff in SH! I, however, am used to have more choices than that living in Miami and having all sorts of bakeries available without having to drive 30+ miles to get to one.

Old 07-29-2015, 05:36 AM

745 posts, read 801,151 times
Quote:
I've NEVER MOVED "up North" anywhere! I have no idea where you got that from!?

We moved here from MIAMI, where we lived our entire lives, 9 years ago, and believe me, as soon as the opp arises we'll be moving back there. Miami has a lot more to offer that Tampa ever will.
See that road there... I-75, head south, bye bye... good riddance

Old 07-29-2015, 06:31 AM

135 posts, read 138,610 times
Quote:
I am complaining about the fact that there isn't a good dessert pace around. In Coral Gables we had the BEST bakery ever! They had cakes, cookies, donuts etc., and everything was freshly made right there. It was also very clean and stylish. I don't understand why you think it is somehow "OK" not to have a few shops like that here too!

There is plenty of space available, and plenty of people who would appreciate having a place to go for desserts other than Ice cream at Tania & Matt's. You don't even live here, so why do you care? This doesn't affect you does it? You can continue enjoying grocery store stuff in SH! I, however, am used to have more choices than that living in Miami and having all sorts of bakeries available without having to drive 30+ miles to get to one.
I think you're missing the point. Many of us agree with you, we just don't think it's worth whining about ad nauseam. There are people in Tampa who don't have enough to eat; parents who can't afford to put food on the table... and you're whining like a spoiled child about a lack of good doughnuts. Put things in perspective for a moment.

There are mom and pop bakeries in Tampa Bay; maybe not at your doorstep, but they exist. Find them. Or like another poster said, I-75 is close by.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:16 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,926 times
Quote:

What do you mean is not OK, I get it would be convenient for you to have one close you. You are from Miami so maybe this analogy makes sense, if you lived in Homestead would you complain about your lack of bakery choices, would you complain that you have to drive into Miami, or that it was too close to Riff raff, you wouldn't because it would be iditiotic.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:18 AM

473 posts, read 544,124 times
Quote:
I am complaining about the fact that there isn't a good dessert pace around. In Coral Gables we had the BEST bakery ever! They had cakes, cookies, donuts etc., and everything was freshly made right there.

Obliviously you have never been to Alessi Bakery in Tampa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay