Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 01:56 PM

1,500 posts, read 3,332,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
Personally, I appreciate the stats graphs you post. I always prefer facts, as opposed to what someone was told by their friend's parent's uncle's bar buddy.
Thanx. That's also how I feel (about facts, not necessarily my own posts, though I like them too, haha). And even if ever I've developed a certain opinion based on old or bad info, should new or better facts come to light, I change my opinion. I have no problem with that. Glad to oblige the facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogler View Post
So essentially what you've said here is that growth doesn't equal growth. Got it.

And yes, it is staggering when years of marked lots with no houses, or half-completed neighborhoods dot the landscape, only to be rapidly infilled with homes in the span of two years. Catch up or not, they wouldn't be building out if the demand wasn't there, pent-up or otherwise.
No, I did not say what you just said I said. You are wrong.

Here's the part you seem to be missing: words having meaning.

Staggering is either something about to fall (a drunk staggering) and there is no indication that the current gains are about to be lost. Also staggering is something confounding (staggers the mind) but this is entirely understandable, within reason and for reason as shown in the "obnoxious" graphs, which I posted specifically to show those very reasons.

There is nothing staggering about this. They might be currently building more robustly in one area over another as they do in Florida build in large tracts. That's often how development takes place here. But my comment which I was correct in noting directly addressed Van Halen wrongly saying that: "The number of homes being built in Tampa Metro right now is staggering. That is going to create a HUGE vacuum of vacancies".

He pulled that out of his you know what and you dove right in there to agree with him. He said something he has not and I doubt could prove, not by numbers of existing homes, not by job growth or population growth, nor by increased incomes, nor by years of lack of building, nor by household formation, nor even by homeowner vacancy rates.

And here's that. Oh no, more obnoxious facts:
http://www.census.gov/housing/hvs/da...msa_15_hvr.xls
puts Tampa area at 2.6 1st quarter & 2.3 2nd quarter 2015
national average 2nd quarter looks like 1.8
and just to get an idea of where we sit with that. Scottsdale, very nice area is at 3. Nashville is at 4.2 so Tampa is sitting pretty well positioned in that.

Here's what that obnoxiously looks like

You're welcome.

And here's some more obnoxiousness. Let's look at rental vacancies though that's not quite this topic but just for grins...
http://www.census.gov/housing/hvs/da...msa_15_rvr.xls
looks a little high to my eye but I've not studied this
1st quarter 4 & 2nd quarter at 8
National average 2nd quarter is, hold on, 7, okay, so not as bad as I initially thought. We're right about at average on those.
Jax at 12.5 Sarasota at 14. okay, so Tampa looks quite good there.

So there's no indication of there being an abundance of vacancies currently
There is population growth
There is household formation
There is rising incomes
There has been a slack of building through the crash

If there is any staggering here, it is yours and VanHalen's afternoon imbibing.

If you intend to respond, please sober up first so that you can respond responsibly without staggering.

Never drink & post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2015, 02:17 PM

135 posts, read 138,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by housingcrashsurvivor View Post
A jump in production after years of stagnation does not equate "staggering" growth.
Despite your pointless, stubborn insistence on the state of the 54 corridor not equating to what you consider staggering growth, it is staggering to be surrounded by farmlands and pastures turning into large communities in a short time (as has been pointed out by several people in this thread). Nobody here really cares whether you agree with that or not. It's our perception of the area and for you tell me that my perception of my own back yard is wrong is humorous.

Quote:
Staggering is either something about to fall (a drunk staggering) and there is no indication that the current gains are about to be lost. Also staggering is something confounding (staggers the mind) but this is entirely understandable, within reason and for reason as shown in the "obnoxious" graphs, which I posted specifically to show those very reasons.
Blah Blah Blah.

Staggering | Definition of staggering by Merriam-Webster
Quote:
staggering

adjective

: very large, shocking, or surprising
Quote:
There is nothing staggering about this. They might be currently building more robustly in one area over another as they do in Florida build in large tracts. That's often how development takes place here. But my comment which I was correct in noting directly addressed Van Halen wrongly saying that: "The number of homes being built in Tampa Metro right now is staggering. That is going to create a HUGE vacuum of vacancies". He pulled that out of his you know what and you dove right in there to agree with him.
I don't have any stake in what someone else said. I'm telling you what I said (and what was agreed with by others).

Quote:
He said something he has not and I doubt could prove, not by numbers of existing homes, not by job growth or population growth, nor by increased incomes, nor by years of lack of building, nor by household formation, nor even by homeowner vacancy rates.
Still you insist on trying to quantify perceptions. Hilarious. You need a hobby; well, another hobby.

Gee, what's next? Oh I know. You'll probably try to throw another broad Tampa Bay MSA statistic at the argument despite the fact that we're discussing a sliver of Pasco County.

OH LOOK. I WAS RIGHT!!! vvv
Quote:
blahblahblahblah
http://www.census.gov/housing/hvs/da...msa_15_hvr.xls
blahblahblah
blahblahblah

blahblahblah
blah

blah

blahblahblahblah
http://www.census.gov/housing/hvs/da...msa_15_rvr.xls
a lot of words go here
If you need to be reminded yet again that we're discussing two complete separate concepts, feel free to speak up.

Old 07-31-2015, 02:49 PM

745 posts, read 800,915 times
Ever run into someone that has to have the last word... and is always right??? yup...

Old 07-31-2015, 03:46 PM

1,500 posts, read 3,332,157 times
The Tampa MSA includes Pasco & even also Hernando so I was correct to look there for stats.

My comment was directed towards, for the last time, this idiocy from Van Halen...

"The number of homes being built in Tampa Metro right now is staggering. That is going to create a HUGE vacuum of vacancies".

...which is complete and utter nonsense, regardless of anyone's perception of development on any particular tract of land at this time.

just eyeing the population graph of Pasco. It looks like about 400,000 new residents per 45 years requiring housing for, say, 2.5 people per average household: 8888 new residents per year /2.5 = 3555 new units per year required just to keep up with new population. Say a development has 300 homes in it? total guess. So in one year you might see 10 huge tracts being developed. That merely keeps up with population. That's not a staggering vacuum of vacancies.

The VanHalen poster: "The number of homes being built in Tampa Metro right now is staggering. That is going to create a HUGE vacuum of vacancies".
The Snoogler poster: "I agree"

Last edited by housingcrashsurvivor; 07-31-2015 at 04:15 PM..

Old 07-31-2015, 04:43 PM

5,606 posts, read 3,509,228 times
Where I live property is selling for good prices.
A lot of snowbirds just hitting retirement with a wagon-load of ready moolah are fuelling Florida's resurging real estate market.
The good times are back baby !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay