Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 09:06 PM
PDF PDF started this thread

11,395 posts, read 13,422,654 times

Advertisements

I figured this would be a fun game. I've been trying to figure out where an inevitable Tampa Shake Shack would go, and I'm coming up blank. So maybe some of you that know the city better than I could figure it out.

For those that aren't familiar with Shake Shack, yes it's a burger "chain" but its quite different. The stores are well designed, they use high quality ingredients, the food is amazing, and they treat their employees right. Also, no two locations are the same. Each location is designed to serve the community it represents, so go into any two locations and they will feel completely different and have different things in the interior.

They are very picky about their locations. Let's take the first Orlando location for example, it's in Winter Park and has a patio facing the lake. It genuinely feels like it belongs in Orlando and not just Anywhere, USA. Has a ping pong table and a firepit, other locations might have something else.

The other Florida locations are...

Miami: South Beach
Orlando: Aside from Winter Park, there is one at I-Drive 360, and a Downtown Disney location coming
Boca Raton
Coral Gables
Ft. Lauderdale in 2017 at a new high-end complex next to where the Panthers play

So they don't just open up anywhere. While they do have locations in malls, it's not the norm and usually only happens when the mall does a complete renovation or opens a new section...as they aren't your typical food court offering. They also put a lot of thought into where they put the location, even if it doesn't have a lakefront or anything.

Given their success in Florida, I think a Tampa location could easily be coming in 2017 or 2018. Any ideas where would be a good spot? Think high-end in a slightly high traffic area. Not sure if there's any empty spots near Westshore?

Just speculating here. With each new location they announce (and they only open about 10 a year), it's interesting how they choose where they landed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2015, 10:18 AM

30,436 posts, read 21,271,177 times
We have enough burger joints. Slap one up around USF so all the thugs and kids will go there.

Old 12-19-2015, 10:25 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,398,625 times
shake shack is a rip off. We went to the one in Winter Park. $5 for a small shake.

Old 12-19-2015, 02:34 PM

473 posts, read 544,464 times
Shake shack is overpriced for below average food

Old 12-19-2015, 06:42 PM

182 posts, read 170,992 times
Wesley Chapel, in The Grove.

Old 12-19-2015, 10:01 PM

170 posts, read 234,046 times
Definitely either in Westshore, SoHo, or along Kennedy could reach their demographic. Channelside is a potential demographic once build out is completed for Vinik's project. In meantime anything near Int'l Plaza/Westshore is a strong contender for retail. Problem is vacancy...I've been longing for a Shake Shack in Tampa Bay for years but hey I'd rather see In-N-Out

Old 12-19-2015, 11:23 PM

769 posts, read 830,429 times
I recommend the corner of 22nd street and MLK Blvd. It's a great, diverse, up and coming neighborhood.

Old 12-20-2015, 03:35 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,801,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrudy View Post
Shake shack is overpriced for below average food
Although I wouldn't say it was below average food, there are better fast burger joints than Shake Shack ... Five Guys and Burger Monger are two that come to mind that are in the same price range as Shake Shack but with far better food.

Old 12-20-2015, 04:41 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,299,469 times
I went to one on LI NY and it was an overpriced burger joint.

Old 12-20-2015, 08:07 PM
PDF PDF started this thread

11,395 posts, read 13,422,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjosephunf View Post
Definitely either in Westshore, SoHo, or along Kennedy could reach their demographic. Channelside is a potential demographic once build out is completed for Vinik's project. In meantime anything near Int'l Plaza/Westshore is a strong contender for retail. Problem is vacancy...I've been longing for a Shake Shack in Tampa Bay for years but hey I'd rather see In-N-Out
Hmm good thought on Channelside, but it definitely is a matter of vacancy and having the proper space to build in one of these areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay