Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 07:08 AM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,522,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concert D Major View Post
What is it a lawyer does to get charges dropped that a defendant can't do themselves without paying for a lawyer?
Lawyers donate $$$ to the judges campaigns.

Old 12-26-2015, 07:11 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Yep, always lawyer up. Always comply with the police but odds are you are not talking your way out of anything so don't say anything.
Sound advice indeed.

"anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law"

Shut up and let them do their job

Old 12-26-2015, 07:12 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
People who willfully break the law, who jeopardize the lives of everyone in their path....those are NOT trustworthy nor honest people. They are irresponsible and dangerous people. Not to mention, stupid beyond belief.
Gotta agree with that.

Old 12-26-2015, 07:38 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,194,304 times
Quote:
People who willfully break the law, who jeopardize the lives of everyone in their path....those are NOT trustworthy nor honest people. They are irresponsible and dangerous people. Not to mention, stupid beyond belief.
Does that apply to all illegal immigrants here in the states who are breaking the law to be here ?

Old 12-26-2015, 09:49 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times
I think the OP was just looking for practical advice...not judgement...chances are if this is the first time she has ever had any involvement with law enforcement she is already feeling awful and doubtfully will do it again...but I do agree with other advice on here as to never submit to breathalyzer test...don't incriminate yourself...be polite and say nothing!!! I say that as a person who will not even have a wine with dinner if I know I am driving...and have never had so much as a parking ticket!!!

Old 12-26-2015, 10:07 AM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,522,851 times
Quote:
I know a few HCSO deputies that's driven drunk so many times I can't remember and a retired TPD detective who drives drunk just about everyday.

Old 12-26-2015, 10:48 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times
I have many NYPD from all ranks...but I know for a fact they would never pull over a drunk officer and let him continue on his way...for the simple fact that if that same officer kills a family crossing the street...it will blow back on the cops that let him go...however if it is a smaller sheriff office and they recognize the car and then don't pull him over to begin with ...that I can believe...I also know of an orthopedic surgeon(scary!) that would drive drunk and when pulled over would claim he was on his way to an emergency at the hospital...the cops would then apologize and let him go on his merry way...

Old 12-26-2015, 02:25 PM

5,606 posts, read 3,508,398 times
Quote:
Well,as I know them personally and you don't I think I'm probably a better judge of their character than you.
Everyone makes mistakes in life, particularly when their judgement is clouded by alcohol,and these people have already received their punishment in the eyes of the law.To fire them from their jobs - particularly when driving is not a part of it - just seems to be spiteful

Old 12-26-2015, 02:59 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,900,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Well,as I know them personally and you don't I think I'm probably a better judge of their character than you.
Everyone makes mistakes in life, particularly when their judgement is clouded by alcohol,and these people have already received their punishment in the eyes of the law.To fire them from their jobs - particularly when driving is not a part of it - just seems to be spiteful
So, you're saying: Because their judgement is clouded by alcohol, that's why we should not punish them for drinking and driving??? Oy vey.

I am not saying they should lose their job, but I am saying anyone who blows a .15 (almost TWICE the legal limit) should be punished for their first offence. Period. Jail time, community service, license suspensions....those should be automatic on the first offense because there are so many repeat offenders who were let off on their first DUI.

As far as their job, driving a vehicle impaired does show a lack of judgement. Each employer will have to decide how to handle that one, given the requirements of the job. I was responsible for hiring a staff of 25+ and there are always plenty of applicants and if it came down to 2 people with the same education, experience, but one had a DUI and one didn't, guess which one I'd hire.

Old 12-26-2015, 05:13 PM

794 posts, read 1,859,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Everyone makes mistakes occasionally.
How is it a "mistake" if you know before hand if you drink and drive you will get arrested?

Was she just walking by a bar and mistakenly drank a glass a water not knowing it was vodka?

Pretty comical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay