Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 08:00 PM

111 posts, read 118,999 times

Advertisements

In some parts of Tampa you drive around to what seems like a clean, good community and then to turn next into a complete 180 difference. Around Seminole Heights is like that even...around Nebraska/Florida Ave. I just think it's part of living in a city. Want more land views, farms and away from the city are more rural areas.

As well, I've noticed too how much crowded TNC has become, especially on Hillsborough and I remember Memorial but not as much as Hillsborough. This was even when I was going to school as a kid how traffic was on Hillsborough and Waters. I see that in several areas there are new apartment complexes. It was nice green trees and a wooded area at one point. But that's the idea of growth. I don't think it's going to be too long until they find somewhere on Memorial to build but there are several that have already been there for years. They've turned around some, but it's a lot to say with some others. I still prefer the area to Waters and Hanley.

Now I see why some want to move more into urban areas and within the city. Lots of revitalizing happening too.

And it is the kind of people, the areas. They are easily avoidable by living in another area. But again it's just all spread out anyway. On the news there are things happening in South Tampa and Carrollwood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2016, 12:14 AM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,524,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
If you look at most cities now a days, younger people are looking to be closer to the downtown areas. Younger professionals are not willing to be on a 25-30 minute commute each way. Those suburban areas that were created for the middle class to live in and commute to work are going to suffer as commute times increase as they have done in the past. Not having a reliable mass transit that might reduce those commute times will be the final straw. You will see more of the folks that will be displaced by the building downtown move to the suburbs which will drop in prices
I agree.

Old 04-18-2016, 09:15 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,014,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbmsmb View Post
And it is the kind of people, the areas. They are easily avoidable by living in another area. But again it's just all spread out anyway. On the news there are things happening in South Tampa and Carrollwood.
My parents have lived in Carrollwood for the last 20 years. Right around Dale Mabry and Fletcher. There have been "things" happening there for the last 20 years also... Both good and bad.

Old 04-18-2016, 10:59 AM

111 posts, read 118,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
My parents have lived in Carrollwood for the last 20 years. Right around Dale Mabry and Fletcher. There have been "things" happening there for the last 20 years also... Both good and bad.
Of course. And the news just mostly shows the bad "things." "Things" can happen a lot in different areas, some more bad than good.

Old 04-18-2016, 01:24 PM

809 posts, read 747,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Don't know how old your parents are (and how much they still hear), but I wonder if they are suffering from the airport noise that now starts at 5:30 AM everyday.

Old 04-18-2016, 04:28 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upgrader View Post
Don't know how old your parents are (and how much they still hear), but I wonder if they are suffering from the airport noise that now starts at 5:30 AM everyday.
You are really on a airport kick rick.

Old 04-18-2016, 05:22 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,014,333 times
Quote:
They've owned that property for so long that they don't even hear the airplanes anymore. Growing up there, I rarely hear them myself.

Old 04-18-2016, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
You are really on a airport kick rick.
Yup, the airport noise has really gotten bad in my area. I guess I need you to explain the reverse airflow, and why TPA can't route planes to keep the noise over the industrial areas like the last 30 years or so.

Old 04-18-2016, 07:03 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Yup, the airport noise has really gotten bad in my area. I guess I need you to explain the reverse airflow, and why TPA can't route planes to keep the noise over the industrial areas like the last 30 years or so.
More and more planes and not enough runways. You would have really loved it back in 1963 when we first moved to Danashores and them loud 707's took off and landed over our house on the east- west runway before TIA was built. All that thick black smoke in them days and flying 300ft over our house every few mins.

Old 04-19-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
More and more planes and not enough runways. You would have really loved it back in 1963 when we first moved to Danashores and them loud 707's took off and landed over our house on the east- west runway before TIA was built. All that thick black smoke in them days and flying 300ft over our house every few mins.
So there's this thing call "noise abatement". As I'm looking to move to Sarasota to care for my aging mom, I see that Sarasota "gets it" https://srq-airport.com/noise-abatement/

When I moved to my area in '85 I looked at the map and thought "sure the airport will keep planes over the industrial areas outside of work times". Nope, they are buzzing residential areas before 6am.

You don't happen to work for the airport - be honest....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay