Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 05:19 AM

38 posts, read 156,789 times

Advertisements

I am currently looking at both Wesley Chapel and Land O Lakes as relocation possibilities (top of my list so far are Seven Oaks and Lakeshore Ranch)
I was wondering how similar or different the two towns are (shopping, restaurants, crime etc..)
Is one far superior to the other or are they basically the same for the most part?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 07:49 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,187,952 times
Wesley Chapel isn't really a town, more like a wide spot in the road. Land O lakes is a town, has been around forever. Use to be very small and known for a great BBQ restaurant. Both places are planned communities but depending on where you work one could be closer than the other.

Check this thread.. you can also do a search 'this forum' for info on Lakeshore ranch
//www.city-data.com/forum/tampa...-question.html

Old 05-02-2011, 03:06 PM

75 posts, read 195,470 times
I actually live in Land O Lakes now, and am considering a purchase either here or Wesley Chapel. (Actually Seven Oaks) I would be happen to answer any questions for ya. Just send me an email its my user name AT gmail.com

Old 05-02-2011, 05:50 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,318,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
Wesley Chapel isn't really a town, more like a wide spot in the road. Land O lakes is a town, has been around forever. Use to be very small and known for a great BBQ restaurant. Both places are planned communities
My family moved to Odessa in 1984. When we did, there was 3 gas stations within a 8 mile radius and zero traffic lights. The closest grocery store was in Land O Lakes (a U-Save, where the Big Lots is now), there was no such thing as wal-mart. 41 and 54 were 2 lane roads. The only thing really happening was the flapjack festival, and they actually SHUT DOWN 2 laned US 41 to have a parade.

Land O' Lakes was never any sort of planned community. Even now it barely resembles one. Wesley Chapel was a sign on SR54. The area was never called wesley chappel in fact by anyone except the very few who lived there and knew that was it's zip code. Even the exit sign on I-75 didnt refer to it as wesley chapel, the exit said "zephyrhills" and maybe new port richey. In fact, a lot of people called the area "quail hollow" after one of the few subdivisions in the area.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:00 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,730,943 times
I own a house in Seven oaks and more homes in Wesley Chapel. It is one of the fastest growing Towns and also often considered "New Tampa", since it is so close to Tampa.

The new Mall is organizing a lot of great events and due to many roads being widened the traffic jams are almost gone.

If you need to know anything about Seven Oaks or the area don't hesitate to ask and I can even help you to get in touch with the right people if you consider to buy and where not to buy. Seven Oaks has a small part that is located very close to I-75 and unless you keep the windows closed the traffic noise is annoying and affecting home sales....but that only counts for a small sub community.

From Wesley Chapel you travel easily to Orlando without having to use I-4 which means you avoid traffic jams

Keep in mind that Pasco County charges lower property taxes which is very nice since the taxes come back yearly...

Old 05-02-2011, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
From Wesley Chapel you travel easily to Orlando without having to use I-4 which means you avoid traffic jams
LoL, how? North to SR50 then East? Like that is any better.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:41 PM

817 posts, read 2,250,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
Wesley Chapel isn't really a town, more like a wide spot in the road. Land O lakes is a town, has been around forever. Use to be very small and known for a great BBQ restaurant. Both places are planned communities but depending on where you work one could be closer than the other.

Check this thread.. you can also do a search 'this forum' for info on Lakeshore ranch
//www.city-data.com/forum/tampa...-question.html
You haven't been to Wesley Chapel lately, have you? It's pretty big now, bigger than LOL actually...two high schools, a mall....and actually, neither LOL nor WC are really towns in the sense that they have a mayor, etc.

OP...to answer your question, there really isn't much difference b/t the two, except how each relates to Tampa in terms of commuting. Most people who live in LOL come to the mall in WC to shop, if that helps.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:19 AM

769 posts, read 2,050,671 times
Wesley Chapel is newer and has better interstate access.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:31 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,121,070 times
I've been looking at places in LOL, near the Suncoast Express way and Hwy-54 intersection for two reasons. 1. I work on Rocky Point so the Suncoast Expressway can get me there in a hurry. 2. I prefer to be more West than East for many reasons.

When checking out the area we came across Wire Grass Mall in Wesley Chapel. Very nice mall with everything you could really want. Looks like a place you can easily spend the afternoon with the family at. If we end up moving to LOL you bet that is where we will shop. Google it, you'll probably like what you see.

I have thought about Wesley Chapel, seems to be some good neighborhoods in that area. One concern I would have is traffic on 275 going South in the morning and North in the evening, especially all the way to Rocky Point. Is the traffic bad on this interstate during rush hour?

Old 05-03-2011, 08:40 AM

It would be faster for you to go down 54 to 41, then dale mabry to the veterans and take it to courtney campbell.

Wesley Chapel to Rocky Point via 275 would be an absolute cluster**** during rush hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay