Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 01:57 PM

7 posts, read 10,978 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure that I want to make it till the end of my lease. It's such a bit** to have strangers in and out of the house 3-6 times a week. I'm a clean, organized person, but, for some reason - having to be clean and organized is really pissing me off. Everytime I kick my shoes off and pitch them away, it occurs to me that I can pick them up now or pick them up later. Now I'm whining and I hate whiners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 02:01 PM

I don't want to live there free. It just doesn't feel right that the owner has presented himself to the mortgage company as 'broke', yet, he's getting $1250.00 a month (the house is nice....if anyone has $180,000.00 or less laying around, they could get an excellent property). When I first moved here, the agent told me he had several rental properties. That is why they made sure he was solvent before they rented the house to me.

Old 02-28-2008, 04:34 PM

849 posts, read 3,528,688 times
Default becasue

she needs a clear understanding of her rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
There are some here telling you to get a lawyer.
You can spend that money if you like but what is a lawyer going to do for you?

If you have paid first, last and security, tell the agent that is handling things that you would like to utilize the last months payment now. This way you are basically just paying month to month and you are getting what you originally signed for.

You are not out any extra money and you still have a place to stay. Why would you be able to stay there rent free?

I would also mention that they need to be giving you ample notice of showings. They are not allowed to just show up.
One more thing, if the home does sell, in most areas dependent upon how the lease was written you can not be thrown out by the new owner they need to abide by the current lease.

Old 02-28-2008, 04:55 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,603,566 times
Default Florida Landlord Tenant Act

Lisa,

You have rights under the Florida Statutes - Landlord Tenant Act. Hopefully this link will give you some additional knowledge --> Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : flsenate.gov

Best of luck in working through what must be a really difficult time for you.

P.S. You might also consider posting a similar question on the Real Estate Professional's Forum. Short sales have been discussed in the past and maybe some of the posters there may have some suggestions as well.

Last edited by TampaKaren; 02-28-2008 at 06:09 PM.. Reason: added p.s.

Old 02-28-2008, 05:41 PM

849 posts, read 3,528,688 times
Default good to know

for all of us. Thanks. I remember now that I had a question with a landlord and there was someone at the St, Pete courts building but I don't remember the department or agency that helped with disputes and problems. Maybe someone out ther eknows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
Lisa,

Uou have rights under the Florida Statutes - Landlord Tenant Act. Hopefully this link will give you some additional knowledge --> Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : flsenate.gov

Best of luck in working through what must be a really difficult time for you.

Old 02-29-2008, 01:47 PM

Thanks so much everyone. Everyone's suggestions have helped me more than I can say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay