Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 06:59 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone else has heard that Spectrum has different services as Brighthouse used to offer.

Today I called Spectrum and learned that they don't offer whole house DVR but only a DVR box that record and it can only be seen from the TV/box on which you record the program.

That to me sounds like Spectrum is going 10 years back in time.

On top of that we have digital boxes for TV's without a HD box and the price per month increased by approx 60% since last month per box!

On top of that we never had so many internet interruptions as well as cable and phone out of service!

That makes me wonder how the service during Hurricane season will be...

Anyone else a suggestion for a change or thoughts?

Btw we only watch a few cable channels and record a few programs but we mostly watch Netflix or Amazon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2017, 07:40 PM

1,357 posts, read 1,243,604 times
Yep, heard that Spectrum no longer was offering the multi-room DVR like Brighthouse offered. If you have a MRDVR they will continue to support it but no longer offered to new customers. Not sure why, but luckily I have a Tivo with several Mini's (which I think is superior to what BH even offered). As alternative and if you want a full scale offering of channels similar to Spectrum you might check out Dish and DirecTV (both offer MRV).

If you don't have a need for many channels you might check out the various streaming options. The best in my opinion (since it offers a decent cloud DVR) is PlayStation Vue. Others that I've checked out and left me feeling they were not as good include DirecTV Now (which had a lot of potential but fell real short) and SlingTV. Google has recently announced YouTubeTV as coming soon and looks like it may be good option, but so did DirecTV Now. Which one is best will depend on what channels you really want to have (each has their own collection of offerings), but lack of local channels for our area seems to be a weak point for each.

Old 03-14-2017, 08:15 PM

7,778 posts, read 6,390,372 times
It bugs me that they load you up with 100+ channels at a high price. We counted up a couple of days ago and the absolute maximum that we watch is 14. Half of those are only on rare occasions.

All TV providers suck in my opinion. Cable and satellite are interchangeable in that respect.

Old 03-14-2017, 08:18 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,385,300 times
this is not good..we have Cablevision here in NJ and have a multi room DVR and we love it..are there any other cable companies besides spectrum?

for my house that will be an issue unless I go and spend more on DVR's for each bedroom

Old 03-14-2017, 08:53 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,826,679 times
I was going to make the move from DirecTV to Brighthouse for TV service but then I found out about the WHDVR going away under Spectrum. So, we're staying with DirecTV.

On the internet side, however, it's been solid. I was paying $104 for 200MB service under Brighthouse. I switched to 300MB service under Spectrum and it's $99.

Old 03-14-2017, 11:58 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,385,300 times
Are there any other options other than spectrum? we got rid of DirectTV and will never go back..I am thinking about buying a Firestick we already have netflix...

Old 03-15-2017, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
this is not good..we have Cablevision here in NJ and have a multi room DVR and we love it..are there any other cable companies besides spectrum?

for my house that will be an issue unless I go and spend more on DVR's for each bedroom
It sounds ridiculous that Brighthouse is taken over by Spectrum and all you see on TV is how much better it will be and no contracts and low prices.

Meanwhile the digital adapter increased in price by 60% from last month to this month!

We have to go back to DVR taping and only be viewed on that particular TV!

That to me sounds like Spectrum is bringing us back to 2005!

We now have whole house DVR and I was told that if something doesn't work it can't be replaced.

Like another poster said, we don't need the 100 channels either.

I thought 2017 would be a year were we could get cheaper options due to competition and only have to pay more for advanced technology but now we get charged more for less!

Old 03-15-2017, 07:28 AM

3,177 posts, read 6,826,679 times
I was wondering how the regulators who approved this measure would feel about the downgrades in service that have come to pass...

Old 03-19-2017, 09:37 AM

Anyone else getting an error 107 on their IPAD when trying to get live tv on their IPad?

Has Spectrum shut off live tv?

I'm wondering what is going on with Spectrum and their so called better services as we are getting more problems then we ever had with Brighthouse.

Old 03-19-2017, 11:52 AM

30,434 posts, read 21,271,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Anyone else getting an error 107 on their IPAD when trying to get live tv on their IPad?

Has Spectrum shut off live tv?

I'm wondering what is going on with Spectrum and their so called better services as we are getting more problems then we ever had with Brighthouse.
And you will be paying more for the problems as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay