Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2017, 05:33 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,014,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Ybor is getting some new Vape, Tat, and Consignment shops, didn't you hear?

Joking, of course.....
He actually looks to be working on the area a little further out than the main strip. Not exactly towards the warehouses, but on the other side headed towards Columbus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2017, 08:06 PM

1,357 posts, read 1,242,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
The article indicates that purchases have been more of vacant land and nothing indicated as development and improvements. Unless I'm not understanding the details, it seems more like speculation, with buy low and hope to sell high. Or maybe that's what you are alluding to as well.

Old 08-24-2017, 03:23 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ium/104899542/Manfred says Tampa Bay must pick up pace on new stadium

Old 08-27-2017, 09:06 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Romano says....Ybor City site represents is the best of what's left.....since Amalie, Convention Center, Aquarium have already claimed stake to the best site.....

Romano: Everything you need to know about the Rays and Ybor City | Tampa Bay Times

Old 08-27-2017, 10:33 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,014,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Romano says....Ybor City site represents is the best of what's left.....since Amalie, Convention Center, Aquarium have already claimed stake to the best site.....

Romano: Everything you need to know about the Rays and Ybor City | Tampa Bay Times
Ken Hagan put out a plan to move the HCSO office down there and buy the land for a baseball stadium. Not clear if that's where he intends the stadium to go or if that's planned partking, etc. The problem still remains: The roads can't handle that traffic. Also keep in mind that Ybor has started making roads narrower as to create less traffic. Unless they put a stadium on the edge (as the article is stating), the roads of Ybor wont hold up and traffic will easily become the worst in the state of Florida.

Old 08-29-2017, 07:15 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,585,616 times
Rays need to stay in St Pete and let them be that city's money pit. Location is not the problem if the JV soccer team has no problem getting fans in the stands downtown and is in the top ten in league attendance. Hillsborough has better things to spend money on besides a sport that nobody wants to pay money on in Tampa Bay.

Old 08-29-2017, 08:07 AM

17,307 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
Rays need to stay in St Pete and let them be that city's money pit. Location is not the problem if the JV soccer team has no problem getting fans in the stands downtown and is in the top ten in league attendance. Hillsborough has better things to spend money on besides a sport that nobody wants to pay money on in Tampa Bay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sithlord72 View Post
I'd personally like them to relocate out of Florida? Who is paying for this stadium for a team no one goes to see ?
I like MLB but the local city/state govts should NOT be contributing tax dollars to finance the multi-millionaire owners businesses.

Loria is getting 1.2 billion from the sale of the Marlins (I think he bought the franchise for about 180 million) and Dade county gave him millions for the new stadium (ugly beast of a place in a terrible neighborhood) and the stadium is 1/2 full like a Rays game.

I think the Rays stadium is adequate for the team that they are. I have been there several times and will be there next month. If the team did move to Tampa it surely would drag in a few more fans from the Orlando area but if the team can't afford to move without govt money then oh well.

Old 08-29-2017, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
I like MLB but the local city/state govts should NOT be contributing tax dollars to finance the multi-millionaire owners businesses.

Loria is getting 1.2 billion from the sale of the Marlins (I think he bought the franchise for about 180 million) and Dade county gave him millions for the new stadium (ugly beast of a place in a terrible neighborhood) and the stadium is 1/2 full like a Rays game.

I think the Rays stadium is adequate for the team that they are. I have been there several times and will be there next month. If the team did move to Tampa it surely would drag in a few more fans from the Orlando area but if the team can't afford to move without govt money then oh well.
Since the Rays first became a Team in the league, the population has increased over 28%! They still can't find more fans then a Team playing Hockey in Florida! A sport many said would fail in Florida. They have a level II soccer team the draws half what the rays do to a game downtown. If your a baseball fan god bless you. People in the Tampa Bay Area seem to want to spend their entertainment dollars elsewhere it seems. Its bad enough Hillsborough wants to build a light rail that nobody will use and tax payers will be on the hook for. We don't need a baseball team with its hand out as well.

Old 08-29-2017, 08:19 AM

17,307 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
Since the Rays first became a Team in the league, the population has increased over 28%! They still can't find more fans then a Team playing Hockey in Florida! A sport many said would fail in Florida. They have a level II soccer team the draws half what the rays do to a game downtown. If your a baseball fan god bless you. People in the Tampa Bay Area seem to want to spend their entertainment dollars elsewhere it seems. Its bad enough Hillsborough wants to build a light rail that nobody will use and tax payers will be on the hook for. We don't need a baseball team with its hand out as well.
I wish I liked hockey better.....my sister lives in a condo in Channelside.....I could walk to the hockey arena from her place!

Old 08-29-2017, 08:21 AM

I love football but I voted against funding for the bucs everytime It came to a vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay