Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 04:04 AM

30,400 posts, read 21,215,773 times

Advertisements

He can rent a 2bedroom house in west Pasco for less than 800 smackers a month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2017, 08:47 AM

5,977 posts, read 7,365,693 times
Good point! Of course, he'll have, shall we say, "unique" neighbors most likely, ones who will be very interested in his personal belongings.

RM

Old 07-21-2017, 09:36 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,200,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPB View Post
You'd go absolutely crazy. Unless your a serious outdoorsman and want to spend your time in the O.N.F. there's really not much to do. If so then you can live for almost nothing in Hog Valley or Fort McCoy area.

Your limited around Tampa on $800 rental but can be done in a decent area. Your just gonna have to look for yourself and stop listening to people on this board. I lived in this complex 2001-2003 https://www.forrent.com/apartment-co...rofile/1019336 I have a friend that still lives there and its actually nicer now. Its in Town n Country which has a lot of Latin's, some white people are scared of Latin's and black people so they say its a crappy area or has a gang problem. (These folks wouldn't know a gang banger if they were slapped in the face by one).

You might do better on $800 if you go about 20-30 min east of Tampa in Plant City or maybe even Lakeland.
This!

I said in my earlier post to check out Town N Country. It is not all gang banging or dodging bullets on a daily basis as some try to make it to be.

There are so many contradicting suggestions being thrown by some in the message board. The median household income in Tampa Bay is about $50K. Are half of the household's in Tampa Bay live in ghetto?

Old 07-21-2017, 07:33 PM

195 posts, read 214,629 times
Quote:
You'd go absolutely crazy. Unless your a serious outdoorsman and want to spend your time in the O.N.F. there's really not much to do. If so then you can live for almost nothing in Hog Valley or Fort McCoy area.

Your limited around Tampa on $800 rental but can be done in a decent area. Your just gonna have to look for yourself and stop listening to people on this board. I lived in this complex 2001-2003 https://www.forrent.com/apartment-co...rofile/1019336 I have a friend that still lives there and its actually nicer now. Its in Town n Country which has a lot of Latin's, some white people are scared of Latin's and black people so they say its a crappy area or has a gang problem. (These folks wouldn't know a gang banger if they were slapped in the face by one).

You might do better on $800 if you go about 20-30 min east of Tampa in Plant City or maybe even Lakeland.
I would be willing to live up to 45 to even 50 minutes away from Tampa. I just don't want to live so far away that employers in Tampa won't hire me because I am just too far away. I thought about Plant City (22 mins away from Tampa), Winter Haven (1 hour away from Tampa and also 1 hour away from Orlando), and Lakeland that is only 40 mins away from Tampa. Which one of these places would be best for me?

Let me say this; I feel that I have conveyed the impression that I am just like this moronic Jersey Shore party animal that just wants to go out and live it up every night. No, this is not the case at all. I am very ambitious and I have a security company that I worked for in Jacksonville, then I transferred to Chicago. They also have an office in Tampa...or I could become an administrative assistant again and get back into that field. I am almost done with my bachelor's degree and I work hard to get to the top. I just want affordable rent (800 or less) in a decent area. Oh and when I say decent, I really don't care if the place looks like heaven with a shiny swimming pool and glimmering features. I just mean a safe place that I will not be harassed by criminals in or robbed in that doesn't look like a slum.

All I really want is a place close enough to Tampa to work there, with decent rent, and that on my off days could go to Tampa and well for lack of better words, get with some ladies. So that being said, what do you recommend?

Old 07-21-2017, 07:37 PM

195 posts, read 214,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmaticus View Post
This!

I said in my earlier post to check out Town N Country. It is not all gang banging or dodging bullets on a daily basis as some try to make it to be.

There are so many contradicting suggestions being thrown by some in the message board. The median household income in Tampa Bay is about $50K. Are half of the household's in Tampa Bay live in ghetto?
What is town and country? is this a city?

Old 07-22-2017, 04:12 AM

30,400 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny Lugo View Post
What is town and country? is this a city?
Just a run down part of the Tampa area. Just drive around and take a look.

Old 07-22-2017, 04:53 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,409,287 times
Quote:
All I really want is a place close enough to Tampa to work there, with decent rent, and that on my off days could go to Tampa and well for lack of better words, get with some ladies. So that being said, what do you recommend?
You won't be doing that last part if you aren't living in a good area and/or outside of the city. But the rest of it sounds good. Best of luck.

Old 07-22-2017, 06:07 AM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,522,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
You won't be doing that last part if you aren't living in a good area and/or outside of the city. But the rest of it sounds good. Best of luck.
I'm not sure I understand? Are you saying unless you live in the City and unless you live in a well to do neighborhood that you can not go to a bar/club/restaraunt and meet anyone?

Old 07-22-2017, 06:45 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,409,287 times
Quote:
I'm not sure I understand? Are you saying unless you live in the City and unless you live in a well to do neighborhood that you can not go to a bar/club/restaraunt and meet anyone?
No, that is not what I'm saying. He is implying that he wants to bring girls home from bars/clubs, which is not going to happen if he lives where he can only afford $800 a month.

Old 07-22-2017, 06:50 AM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,522,851 times
Quote:
I would be willing to live up to 45 to even 50 minutes away from Tampa. I just don't want to live so far away that employers in Tampa won't hire me because I am just too far away. I thought about Plant City (22 mins away from Tampa), Winter Haven (1 hour away from Tampa and also 1 hour away from Orlando), and Lakeland that is only 40 mins away from Tampa. Which one of these places would be best for me?
I'm from Tampa (town n country), I moved to Lakeland about 3 years ago. I like it out here, its a big enough City to have pretty much anything you want. I live on the north side (Lake Gibson) close to the interstate so it takes between 30-60 min to get to Tampa, depending on traffic.
I think these 2 complexes might be in your budget https://www.apartments.com/carlton-a...nd-fl/h8mdxx3/
The Retreat at Lakeland Apartments - Lakeland, FL | Apartment Finder

I would scratch Winterhaven off, its not a bad place but if your working in Tampa you don't wanna drive that everyday.

Plant City, nice little country town but might be too small for you.

IMO- I'd look at Lakeland, there's plenty too do here and the rent isn't as much as in Tampa. Its a great location as well. I'd consider it for sure, sign a 6 month lease if you want in case you don't like it. By the time your lease is up you'll know your way around the Tampa Bay area and might find an area you like better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay