Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 04:15 PM

7,246 posts, read 7,076,730 times

Advertisements

I lived in Kentucky for over 20 years. Be sure you are sold on moving here because it's a very different climate, landscape, living conditions and population.

Personally I love it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2017, 04:36 PM

7 posts, read 6,883 times
Thanks...I have lived in Ky my whole life and I think I would love Fl because of its warm weather. I just need to make its a safe area and lots of activities to keep me busy when I'm not working. That's why I was looking at a 55 plus community . I'm even looking around Crystal River. I just don't want to be in community that is so strict that I hate living there.

Last edited by Kynichgirl; 11-13-2017 at 04:45 PM..

Old 11-13-2017, 04:48 PM

7 posts, read 6,883 times
Thanks but I think that would be too far up .

Old 11-13-2017, 04:50 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynichgirl View Post
Thanks...I have lived in Ky my whole life and I think I would love Fl because of its warm weather. I just need to make its a safe area and lots of activities to keep me busy when I'm not working. That's why I was looking at a 55 plus community . I'm even looking around Crystal River. I just don't want to be in community that is so strict that I hate living there.
renting is always a good idea - 6 month lease at a 55+ would allow you to get an idea of the rules are too stringent.....

Old 11-13-2017, 04:51 PM

30,433 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
I lived in Kentucky for over 20 years. Be sure you are sold on moving here because it's a very different climate, landscape, living conditions and population.

Personally I love it.
I was stuck there for 2 weeks back in 1983 and it was highs in the 40's and lows in the 20's and i hated it. Think i saw the sun one day.

Old 11-15-2017, 01:25 PM

7,246 posts, read 7,076,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
I was stuck there for 2 weeks back in 1983 and it was highs in the 40's and lows in the 20's and i hated it. Think i saw the sun one day.
Yep. Their winters suck. I eventually got tired of the -20 wind chills in January. And grey, grey, grey days.

OP - renting is a *very* good idea. We rented for a year while looking for a house. It took the pressure off and we found a decent place in St Pete.

Old 11-15-2017, 03:03 PM

490 posts, read 584,084 times
Quote:
..and Florida didn't have some rough cold weather in the winter of 1983? Tell that to the citrus farmers in Frostproof you goof.

Old 11-15-2017, 05:12 PM

30,433 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mph101 View Post
..and Florida didn't have some rough cold weather in the winter of 1983? Tell that to the citrus farmers in Frostproof you goof.
I think i bring it up all the time about Xmas 83 and a high of 38 and a low 19. Do we have highs in the 40's and lows in the 20's day after day in MARCH AND APIRL??? You know nothing about the weather like i do and you are going on ignore and will join 3 others. SEE YA.

Old 11-16-2017, 09:46 AM

261 posts, read 260,940 times
Honestly I just moved from Tampa area to Lexington Area a year and a half ago, and its much better IMO. The traffic and urban sprawl is child's play here compared to Tampa, Obviously its a smaller area population wise. But still a lot here to do. Rent, Utilities, Food and Insurance are much cheaper, also Lexington has better and cheaper grocery and food options than Tampa's tourist traps, shopping just as good with the Summit just opening here in Lex. Hamburg and Fayette Mall are real solid here to. People also much more friendly here. The negative is no beach, But we only got 2 inches of snow last winter. It gets cold a little being in Central Kentucky, but it is still a southern feel, without the hurricanes and high flood insurance. As far as things to do, They got awesome concerts and sporting events in Lexington just like Tampa with Red Mile, Keeneland, Rupp and UK here without the BS.

Seriously rent prices in the Tampa area are getting out of hand. Some nuts are charging 1200 a month for studio apartments that were built like in 1969 in Pinellas county now. In lex the same apartments would be about 500. Your getting scammed in Tampa and surrounding areas to deal with Urban Sprawl, Bugs, Hurricanes , Traffic and rising prices of everything.

Living in Kentucky and Florida, you may like the Ocala area, Ocala is still nice and has some awesome farm areas. but south of there prices go up, traffic gets worse and its not the Kentucky like southern hospitality type environment. Some of those northern Tampa Bay counties are a little cheaper like northern and western Pasco, Hernando and Citrus, But there is no jobs at all there, a lot of criminals move in from up north, because its cheaper than the Tampa urban area, and some neighborhoods look like a flat Eastern Kentucky with palm trees and everyone knows Eastern Kentucky is the sewer of Kentucky.

Last edited by paradiselost; 11-16-2017 at 10:46 AM..

Old 11-16-2017, 10:52 AM

261 posts, read 260,940 times
Quote:
We got a big two inches of snow in Lexington last winter. and its 48 today so i think i might stay in my house and cry. At least I dont have to put up with the mass traffic jams on the howard frankland for two hours going to work everyday, the loud illegals in my apartment complex and get bit up with bugs walking the dog today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay