Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 12:03 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,589,099 times

Advertisements

I still remember when Barnacles opened in brandon, My kids were preteens and they enjoyed the games inside before and after we had a meal. This will be that on steroids, here is a quote from the article.

"The arrival of the restaurant and arcade also signals that the development known as The Estuary — anchored by Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World — is a step closer to branding itself as the region's biggest family-friendly entertainment hub. Dave & Busters offers food, drink, 38 wall-to-wall big-screen televisions and 172 video games, encompassings 40,000 square feet of space in The Estuary — the 148-acre mixed used development at the intersection of the Selmon Expressway and Interstate 75."

Dave & Busters to debut in Tampa Bay area at Brandon entertainment hub | tbo.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2017, 08:13 PM

428 posts, read 416,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
I still remember when Barnacles opened in brandon, My kids were preteens and they enjoyed the games inside before and after we had a meal. This will be that on steroids, here is a quote from the article.

"The arrival of the restaurant and arcade also signals that the development known as The Estuary — anchored by Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World — is a step closer to branding itself as the region's biggest family-friendly entertainment hub. Dave & Busters offers food, drink, 38 wall-to-wall big-screen televisions and 172 video games, encompassings 40,000 square feet of space in The Estuary — the 148-acre mixed used development at the intersection of the Selmon Expressway and Interstate 75."

Dave & Busters to debut in Tampa Bay area at Brandon entertainment hub | tbo.com
Ahh, D&B... An adult's Chuck E. Cheese.

Old 10-27-2017, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcharas View Post
Ahh, D&B... An adult's Chuck E. Cheese.
My kids went to Chuck E Cheese quite a bit in there younger years. Around there preteen/teen years not so much. This is another option when the kiddies get older. You can never have too many places to bring your kids too.

Old 10-27-2017, 12:47 PM

428 posts, read 416,566 times
Quote:
My kids went to Chuck E Cheese quite a bit in there younger years. Around there preteen/teen years not so much. This is another option when the kiddies get older. You can never have too many places to bring your kids too.
My experiences with D&B are limited to Chicago (a couple of blocks west from Magnificent Mile... "Uptown"... As a college student), and NY ten years later when friends wanted to go check it out for their first time.

Both locations, miles and years apart, lent the same exact experience and clientele, if you will. The place is riddled with adults drinking and playing carnival games for dusty stuffed animals, and as far as teens go, I personally would not want mine mixing with adults drinking and leave them there alone. As an adult, I do not want a night out with friends to be one surrounded by teens that have outgrown Chuck E. Cheese. Tampa Bay area has so much to offer that I think we already do just fine without D&B. Just my personal feelings/perspective.

Old 10-27-2017, 01:07 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,019,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcharas View Post
Tampa Bay area has so much to offer that I think we already do just fine without D&B.
There's a reason they went to desolate Brandon .

Old 10-27-2017, 01:31 PM

4,482 posts, read 3,857,652 times
Dave and Buster's still exists? Isn't that some concept from the 1980s? What is the value proposition of this place? I don't know anyone who likes to go there.

I guess it took 30 years for it to get to Tampa.

Old 10-27-2017, 02:18 PM

I think the same about the Tampa Bay Rays but there still here. Wonder who will draw more people next year the rays or D&B?

Old 10-27-2017, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
There's a reason they went to desolate Brandon .
They considered Seminole Heights but security cost were through the roof.

Old 10-27-2017, 03:01 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,019,702 times
Quote:
They considered Seminole Heights but security cost were through the roof.
Interesting... This no name arcade does fine out there.

Lowry Parcade & Tavern: The 90's Never Died!

But that Dave & Busters will bring some excitement to Brandon. Finally, kids have a choice! The one bowling alley in town or the one arcade.

Old 10-27-2017, 03:11 PM

1,357 posts, read 1,244,948 times
D&B is OK, but for 10 years I lived 4 miles away from D&B, went there maybe 6 times. Wasn't much of a draw for us or the kids. I would say there was no problem with the clientele at the location. Let's face it, kids today don't need a D&B, they have everything on their phone. Over the years Chuck E Cheese has downsized and now has retired their animatronic band.

Located in Brandon near the Top Golf, so perhaps trying to make that area a "destination" for fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay