Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2020, 01:30 PM

19 posts, read 24,173 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to slide this string back into service....we are getting closer to moving to the Tampa area.....thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2021, 04:34 PM

Just wanted to revive this thread. Decided to ride out a few more years here in NYS to get better retirement. All of my comments previous to this still stand. We are thinking of retiring in a bit but we need stuff to do as we’re only early 50s. So wondering how the music scene /restaurant scene is now-husband can solo/lead singer/keyboards, etc. I’m still doing some bartending. Obviously a nightclub wouldn’t be good for me being in my 50s but I have extensive experience including over 12 years in the craft beer area. I’m so ready to not be in IT anymore! Do these seem viable for side income? To get an idea of husband’s capability check out The Mcgroovin Highlight reel on YouTube or check Facebook for the Live Wire Panic Band on Facebook-he’s the lead singer of both. Thanks so much for your input.

Old 10-10-2021, 04:40 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,485,209 times
Needs more cowbell!

j/k, good stuff, rare to find bands with keys, horns and even a fiddle! Great vocals too.

Old 10-19-2021, 07:06 AM

Everything needs more cowbell!

I appreciate your compliment Flamadiddle! Thank you so much for taking the time to look and comment. We're going back and forth-Wilmington NC vs. Tampa Bay. They both seem to have pretty decent music scenes, but the Tampa area is HUGE. My mom lives in ZHills so we're pretty familiar. Just seems like there would be more opportunity for a versatile musician around the Gulf Coast than Wilmington and area. He, ideally, would like to gig 2-3 times a week. Like I said for me - I'll be leaving IT to just do a little restaurant gig (I've ALWAYS had the restuarant/bartending side gig throughout my career) so I can get myself set either place.

Old 10-19-2021, 06:33 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,020,726 times
There's a lot of community bands https://www.community-music.info/list.php .

Old 02-02-2023, 09:22 AM

Bump! We are getting pretty close to actually retiring and I'm wondering how the music scene is in the area post-covid. Thanks everyone!

Old 02-02-2023, 11:02 AM

3,577 posts, read 4,511,213 times
A friend is playing everyday near Orlando
He is one of the best for Dixieland and jazz.
Plays for universal and sea world.
Very talented
So if you have talent, you’ll make it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay