Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 06:34 PM

1,357 posts, read 1,242,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
What does this post has to do with Jeff Vinik and developments for Tampa...can you start your own thread and leave the thread as it is so we can discuss Tampa and not a subject that belongs in the Political thread.

Thanks
He can't post in the Political forum, you come to conclusion as to why. But they (mods) don't usually don't ban people without a lot of provocation or just plain old ignorance by the poster. So he feels that his drivel should be posted everywhere else.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
you're being optimistic -
imagine the crappy shape the country will be in by then if that were to happen
So tell me, how have you been negatively impacted by anything Trump has done? I've asked before and you didn't respond, so I'll guess you haven't been harmed by anything Trump has done. He's not savvy, he acts like a child, but he has followed through on exactly what he said he would during his campaign and THAT got him enough votes to win, despite all the pollsters who said he had no chance. But please let me know how you've been negatively impacted or otherwise harmed by anything Trump has done since taking office.

Old 04-09-2018, 08:03 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,013,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandsherry View Post
So tell me, how have you been negatively impacted by anything Trump has done?
Would a 10% drop in stocks the day after he announces his idiotic tariffs count?

Old 04-09-2018, 08:33 PM

85 posts, read 85,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Would a 10% drop in stocks the day after he announces his idiotic tariffs count?
Well if you want to count the 10% drop the day after the tariffs, then you also have to give him credit for the 31% jump in the market during his first year in office.

You can thank Buc for taking us off topic in this thread as he so often does just to get his jabs in on Trump. I'm tired of reading his "maga redhatter" b.s. and started responding to him every time I see one.

Old 04-09-2018, 10:55 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,013,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by javafreak View Post
Well if you want to count the 10% drop the day after the tariffs, then you also have to give him credit for the 31% jump in the market during his first year in office.
Another red maga hatter... Just what the forum needed.

Old 04-10-2018, 02:24 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Quote:
My definition of hero and yours is really different. Vinik is an venture capitalist trying to make billions on his investments as he did w/ Fidelity. This isn't a philanthropic project. He does have a foundation where he gives money to community leaders, but the development is to improve his bottom line. Not heroic.
It’s called Capitalism!

Jeff Vinik is not an entitlement person but someone wit great visions and who is very successful in how to implement his vision!

Clearly, Jeff has done great things for Tampa Bay and I give him a big shoutout!

Heroes come in different ways, but you have to be able to understand that.

Jeff Vinik is and has done so many positive things for Tampa Bay that we should be proud to have him in our area.

Old 04-10-2018, 05:34 AM

85 posts, read 85,531 times
Quote:
Another red maga hatter... Just what the forum needed.
Thank you, it's nice to be needed

Old 04-10-2018, 06:05 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandsherry View Post
So tell me, how have you been negatively impacted by anything Trump has done?
I don't need to be personally impacted. I wasn't for Nixon and Watergate. Bringing down the Office of the POTUS is a national issue. Impacts us all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
It’s called Capitalism!
Throw in Stu Sternberg and Bryan Glazer, also owners of the local sports teams. They and Vinik bought teams that are now worth hundreds of millions more than the price they paid for their franchises. They didn't buy them out of the goodness of their hearts - they're out to make money on their investments.

Nothing heroic about being an investor. Leave that term for people who are real heroes.

Old 04-10-2018, 06:27 AM

Quote:
I see, you focus on one data point but ignore the string of data points that show the market is up considerably since he was elected. And BTW, look what has already changed as a result of the threat of applying tariff's on China's goods:

China's Xi Jinping says tariffs on car imports will be cut this year

Perhaps more to come.

But looks like this thread has transgressed as BucFan once again takes threads off topic.

Old 04-10-2018, 06:53 AM

17,307 posts, read 22,039,209 times
Quote:
If Tampa ever becomes like Atlanta, we're screwed. That place is a miserable, crime-infested hell-hole, imo.
Tampa already is that!

Atlanta has industry including 7 fortune 100 companies, Tampa has tourism.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Atlanta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay