Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 06:23 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,018,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny the Mutt View Post
The OP is wise to inquire about negative situations in FL but comparisons to other states does not work well.
It makes perfect since when you compare our lack of amenities to LA and then use the taxes of Virginia.

Trolls exist on every board.

Old 05-04-2018, 07:59 PM

1,330 posts, read 5,095,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Where do you have the evidence of food prices being cheaper in Florida? My understanding from everyone who has done the research is that food prices are higher (than average) in Florida.

Just a quick Google search reveals that Florida has the 5th highest grocery prices in the USA.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/money-car...tml/?a=viewall

Here's a map that shows Florida's electric prices are not high but not low either.

https://www.globalenergyinstitute.or...ail-prices-map
I was simply speaking from a personal experience living in rural PA, NY and MA for a total of 13 years. Grocery bills dropped from 400 a week to 250 (maybe since we could actually drive to a Costco finally), electric and gas bills dropped from an average of 1200/yr propane, 3600 yr electric to 2500 a year for electric and 800 for gas. We also save a lot on gasoline. I have a family of 5.

Old 05-05-2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPB View Post
Yes, it appears we have a real Perry Mason detective here with nothing better to do. Sad!
It's not hard to find my "real name." I link to my website (Exploring Tampa) quite frequently. He's not smart or clever... He just clicked one of my links.

Old 05-05-2018, 10:34 AM

1,357 posts, read 1,244,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
It's not hard to find my "real name." I link to my website (Exploring Tampa) quite frequently. He's not smart or clever... He just clicked one of my links.
But he then went on to trace you all the way back to USF.... you just leave a large digital footprint That's OK, I think I know more about him than he thinks I do. Property ownership leaves a footprint too.

Old 05-05-2018, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandsherry View Post
But he then went on to trace you all the way back to USF.... you just leave a large digital footprint That's OK, I think I know more about him than he thinks I do. Property ownership leaves a footprint too.
I made a comment supporting USF, which in C-D world means that I must have gone there.

In this case, he's not wrong. It's nothing I'm embarrassed about.

Old 05-05-2018, 01:35 PM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,526,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandsherry View Post
But you've got something he doesn't have any of, called class!
Otherwise you would of put his/her name out there already.

Old 05-05-2018, 02:08 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,425,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie View Post
I was simply speaking from a personal experience living in rural PA, NY and MA for a total of 13 years. Grocery bills dropped from 400 a week to 250 (maybe since we could actually drive to a Costco finally), electric and gas bills dropped from an average of 1200/yr propane, 3600 yr electric to 2500 a year for electric and 800 for gas. We also save a lot on gasoline. I have a family of 5.
Groceries in the Tampa area are high and the selection is terrible., when I moved back north we thought the grocery stores had a sale on food. We’re I live we have fruit and vegetable markets bigger than a Publix store and way cheaper prices than in Florida.

Old 05-05-2018, 04:19 PM

1,357 posts, read 1,244,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
I made a comment supporting USF, which in C-D world means that I must have gone there.

In this case, he's not wrong. It's nothing I'm embarrassed about.
Yup, I know that, just weird he felt the need to comment on it. Like, really weird. But he referenced in a post here for comments I had made on another forum and felt the need to mention my city (not sure why), but we'll just say weird again and leave it at that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay