Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 10:30 AM

70 posts, read 363,371 times

Advertisements

with that kind of salary in Pasco. The rents here are ususually much more affordable than in Hillsborough or Pinellas. Congrats on the move!

one question though, is $36K the standard starting salary for Pasco Teachers? I recently graduated college (non education major) and was thinking of getting certified, but the prospect of making only $36K is not enough to warrant me leaving my administrative job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2008, 08:28 AM

28 posts, read 91,531 times
How can you work at any Pasco School? Did they tell you that? I work in the county and don't understand how they can make that statement.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:38 PM

8 posts, read 23,359 times
What about a 55 year old from out of state? I retired from teaching in New York last June. After a year of R&R, I'm ready to get back into the classroom. I've started to apply for teaching positions out of state because that's where the jobs are. And certain states like Florida don't tax income (my pension). So my situation is different from yours in that I'm not changing careers as you put it. Still I wonder if retirees like myself can ever be a teacher again...file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Bob/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg (broken link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiesma View Post
but thanks for posting it because it certainly shows that local school boards will take a 22 year old from out of state over a 55 year who wants to change careers from here. It's not your fault but how dare they spend our tax money on RECRUITMENT events out of state when there are local, qualified people crowding the events they hold here!

Enjoy your lives but try living on just one of those incomes and save the other. It can be done because in, oh maybe 25-30 years you'll need the money because some 22 year old totally green person will get the job that you, by virtue of a whole ton of experience, you can't imagine now, are way more qualified for.
FYI, Pasco is not the best part of the coast. You need to be in Pinellas. Enjoy the commute.

Old 09-10-2008, 02:57 PM

14 posts, read 245,926 times
Default Pasco

Hi, Try to get into the schools in Land O Lakes....they're great.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:53 AM

89 posts, read 345,512 times
The sad thing is that Pasco County will be laying off a good number of teachers this year. It seems that many schools overestimated their enrollment and will be letting teachers go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay