Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2008, 09:28 AM

183 posts, read 534,810 times

Advertisements

what are some nice areas to look at the would enable my gf and i to have a decent commute to Tampa for work once we move to florida. we are thinking st petersburg, but wonder if it would be to crowded, so if it is we are going to look at surrounding areas such as Largo, Clearwater, etc. are these areas that would be prospective for two people in their mid twenties? what are some opinions on the area? we have looked at sarasota/bradenton area which looks very nice, but it makes for an hour or so to get to Tampa which would be way to long of a commute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2008, 11:54 AM

3,089 posts, read 8,515,165 times
1. Why isn't this in the Tampa forum
2. Where exactly do you want to commute to in tampa. Tampa is a huge place.
3. I would not suggest living across the bay and commuting daily the bridges are PACKED during certain times of the work week.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
1. Why isn't this in the Tampa forum
2. Where exactly do you want to commute to in tampa. Tampa is a huge place.
3. I would not suggest living across the bay and commuting daily the bridges are PACKED during certain times of the work week.
1. if it is that big of a deal a moderator will move it.

2. not sure, just trying to find nice surroundings areas at this point that give direct access to Tampa.

3. ok.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:11 PM

251 posts, read 886,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaptrex View Post
what are some nice areas to look at the would enable my gf and i to have a decent commute to Tampa for work once we move to florida. we are thinking st petersburg, but wonder if it would be to crowded, so if it is we are going to look at surrounding areas such as Largo, Clearwater, etc. are these areas that would be prospective for two people in their mid twenties? what are some opinions on the area? we have looked at sarasota/bradenton area which looks very nice, but it makes for an hour or so to get to Tampa which would be way to long of a commute.
Everyone has the same idea as you that is why in my county of Pasco there are over 80,000 people who commute out of this county to other counties to work. What it has done is cause huge traffic nightmares!

Old 03-31-2008, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineState View Post
Everyone has the same idea as you that is why in my county of Pasco there are over 80,000 people who commute out of this county to other counties to work. What it has done is cause huge traffic nightmares!
ya, it's all because of people like me....

thanks for all the helpful answers.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:47 AM

251 posts, read 886,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaptrex View Post
ya, it's all because of people like me....

thanks for all the helpful answers.
Sorry...wasn't trying to be rude just be prepared for lots of traffic when you commute

Old 03-31-2008, 02:20 PM

no problem, just looking for some answers.

Old 03-31-2008, 05:08 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,613,930 times
Hey Swap! Tampa is located in Hillsborough County which has approximately 1000 square miles. We usually recommend people live in the general geographical area where they plan to work. Many commute long distances for various reasons, but for quality of life, the less time you spend sitting in traffic, the better it is (IMO). Tampa also has no real mass transit system, so almost everyone drives. Between October and April, we are also blessed with seasonal residents on holiday. If you would please tell us a little more about your plans for career or extended studies, we can give you some additional suggestions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay