Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 07:12 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,379,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daaronm80 View Post
You partially started this post to summarize the areas for others, so I am just making sure that other people understand that Starkey Ranch puts you in a less desirable middle and high school. Private schools are great, but there is not a viable private school on every corner, so expect to drive at least 20-30 minutes (especially during school drop off and pick up hours) one way to get to a desirable private school. Odessa elementary is nice.
On the contrary we’re slated for seven Springs middle and Mitchell high school however the people in Starkey happen to be very happy with River Ridge high school they are in seven Springs middle school as far as I know currently as I know people that live in there I live across the street and Trinity ...Also remember they’re building a K-8 school in Starkey Ranch Pasco did acquire land for a new school they believe it might be a high school but nothing has been announced yet and who knows when that is going to happen

Steinbrenner high school is in lutz excellent high school however your prices are going to be quite high
As far as your realtor OP I happen to like bexley better I like the builders better I liked the development better Starkey to me just every house looks exactly the same and it’s just Didn’t wow me the CDD is a little less in Bexley then it is in Starkey and like I said be very very careful with that because I’ve had people tell me and I’ve been there myself with my husband not too long ago and they were way off base with their CDD and taxes because remember something what they are today is not going to be next year because you’re going to be reassessed and it’s still a new build so the CDD in Starkey range is anywhere between 1820 to 2550 then you have to take on your taxes of depending on what your house is going to be assessed that so you still looking at between 5850 and 7500 in taxes and CDD together just keep that in mind as I had spoken to Pasco County Tax Appraisers office, and a few people who have been living there for 2 years already...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2019, 08:23 AM

119 posts, read 210,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
On the contrary we’re slated for seven Springs middle and Mitchell high school however the people in Starkey happen to be very happy with River Ridge high school they are in seven Springs middle school as far as I know currently as I know people that live in there I live across the street and Trinity ...Also remember they’re building a K-8 school in Starkey Ranch Pasco did acquire land for a new school they believe it might be a high school but nothing has been announced yet and who knows when that is going to happen

Steinbrenner high school is in lutz excellent high school however your prices are going to be quite high
As far as your realtor OP I happen to like bexley better I like the builders better I liked the development better Starkey to me just every house looks exactly the same and it’s just Didn’t wow me the CDD is a little less in Bexley then it is in Starkey and like I said be very very careful with that because I’ve had people tell me and I’ve been there myself with my husband not too long ago and they were way off base with their CDD and taxes because remember something what they are today is not going to be next year because you’re going to be reassessed and it’s still a new build so the CDD in Starkey range is anywhere between 1820 to 2550 then you have to take on your taxes of depending on what your house is going to be assessed that so you still looking at between 5850 and 7500 in taxes and CDD together just keep that in mind as I had spoken to Pasco County Tax Appraisers office, and a few people who have been living there for 2 years already...
What you're saying about the houses is exactly how I felt about Asturia lol. When I called my realtor she said Bexley reminds her a lot of Asturia so I guess it is really subjective. I think our taxes and CDD together will be around $6,000/year but that is fine.

The main reason Starkey stands out for me is because they actually have an activities director on site and they have a calendar full of things to do. For a stay at home mom with a toddler that is almost priceless really. Just this week they have Toddler time, Mommy & me Daddy and dudes, Kids Night Out, Swim lessons, Peeps and painting. I called several other communities and couldn't find one with activities like that. Also having a library and school on site would be pretty convenient. We plan on making a trip to Bexley to tour it before we sign on anything so we'll definitely consider it as an option.

Old 04-03-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsurf View Post
What you're saying about the houses is exactly how I felt about Asturia lol. When I called my realtor she said Bexley reminds her a lot of Asturia so I guess it is really subjective. I think our taxes and CDD together will be around $6,000/year but that is fine.

The main reason Starkey stands out for me is because they actually have an activities director on site and they have a calendar full of things to do. For a stay at home mom with a toddler that is almost priceless really. Just this week they have Toddler time, Mommy & me Daddy and dudes, Kids Night Out, Swim lessons, Peeps and painting. I called several other communities and couldn't find one with activities like that. Also having a library and school on site would be pretty convenient. We plan on making a trip to Bexley to tour it before we sign on anything so we'll definitely consider it as an option.
I think Starkey is a great option for you because of the lifestyles Director which is why we are excited to buy in a 55 adult soon lol...starkey Just didnt wow me lol... I stayed home with both my kids now 24 & 20 lol so I get it....let us know what you decide
Good Luck

PS I would choose Starkey over Epperson

Old 04-05-2019, 05:55 PM

2 posts, read 4,777 times
Default Starkey Ranch

Hello!

My husband and I have lived in the Trinity area since 1993 and raised our three daughters in the area who are all in college now! We are moving into our new home in Starkey Ranch next week! We looked at all of the communities you listed. Epperson was just so far out and in the boonies, but yes the Crystal Lagoon was interesting and we wanted to at least take a look. We liked Bexley also but my husband didn't like that the Lennar homes in there were so cookie cutter looking and right on top of each other. None of the others really caught our eye at all. The thing we loved about Starkey is the location, the amenities, the trails, the beautiful preserve areas and just the downright feel of the neighborhood. Everyone we talked to that lives in there loves it! Don't let other people say that the schools aren't as good. My three girls all graduated from Mitchell High School and loved it, but they had friends at River Ridge that were really happy there as well! Since your kids are so young, you won't have to worry about High Schools for a while, and there will most likely be a new high school built by then as the area really needs one due to overcrowding. The good news is that Starkey will have a brand new K-8 school in the neighborhood which I am sure will be amazing! Good luck with whatever neighborhood you choose to live in and welcome to the area!

Old 04-06-2019, 06:42 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,585,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugsymagoos View Post

Epperson was just so far out and in the boonies
When we moved to Tampa Bay....... Carrolwood and Bloomingdale were considered the boonies.

Old 04-06-2019, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
When we moved to Tampa Bay....... Carrolwood and Bloomingdale were considered the boonies.
But epperson is way out there...parts of wesley chapel are out there depending what one is looking for

Old 04-06-2019, 10:18 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,585,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
But epperson is way out there...parts of wesley chapel are out there depending what one is looking for

I was talking more in relation to downtown Tampa/ Macdill AFB. When my father transferred to Macdill like most military you ask about nearby housing. Pasco wasn't on the radar in the mid 70's, Town and Country and Brandon were the hot spots for growth. Odessa-Wesley Chapel were just farm land in the boonies.

Old 04-06-2019, 01:55 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsurf View Post

As a former stay at home mom, to be able to have social interactions with other moms is priceless...go with your gut...to move to an area that is still in the building phase could feel very isolating...middle/high school are far off...we did private schools till high school and yes it was a 15-20 minute drive but I was very happy to do it...

Old 04-06-2019, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugsymagoos View Post
Hello!

My husband and I have lived in the Trinity area since 1993 and raised our three daughters in the area who are all in college now! We are moving into our new home in Starkey Ranch next week! We looked at all of the communities you listed. Epperson was just so far out and in the boonies, but yes the Crystal Lagoon was interesting and we wanted to at least take a look. We liked Bexley also but my husband didn't like that the Lennar homes in there were so cookie cutter looking and right on top of each other. None of the others really caught our eye at all. The thing we loved about Starkey is the location, the amenities, the trails, the beautiful preserve areas and just the downright feel of the neighborhood. Everyone we talked to that lives in there loves it! Don't let other people say that the schools aren't as good. My three girls all graduated from Mitchell High School and loved it, but they had friends at River Ridge that were really happy there as well! Since your kids are so young, you won't have to worry about High Schools for a while, and there will most likely be a new high school built by then as the area really needs one due to overcrowding. The good news is that Starkey will have a brand new K-8 school in the neighborhood which I am sure will be amazing! Good luck with whatever neighborhood you choose to live in and welcome to the area!
This is exactly how I felt about Starkey after visiting multiple neighborhoods. Asturia the houses were sitting right on top of each other and my realtor said Bexley is similar although I haven't been there yet. Preserver was just meh. Epperson was great but location was just mediocre and their plans are a little up in the air. It would be nice if they had a map with all amenities listed with descriptions but they don't have that. Whenever I asked about X the answer was always we will have that but no info yet. In Starkey the neighborhoods were far enough apart to not feel cramped but close enough to feel like a community. The neighborhood was super clean and nice. People pushing strollers, skateboarding, jogging... All the people looked well dressed and clean cut. Lots of amenities and activities which seems like exactly what we're looking for.

Old 04-06-2019, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
As a former stay at home mom, to be able to have social interactions with other moms is priceless...go with your gut...to move to an area that is still in the building phase could feel very isolating...middle/high school are far off...we did private schools till high school and yes it was a 15-20 minute drive but I was very happy to do it...
Ya I want my wife to be happy and have things to do if I'm busy. The activity schedule is what sold me on starkey. Still need to sit down with her and present her with all my info from the trip down there and we'll make a decision after that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay