Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2008, 05:18 PM

5 posts, read 18,834 times

Advertisements

I am ready to leave L.A., I have been here for 14 years. I live in a part of the Hollywood Hills, and have done everything there is to "do" here.
The cost of living, even though I am under rent control----is absurd. There seem to be no single men interested in anything of a settling down nature.
The city has slowly, but surely, become ugly and unappealing.
I am an attractive, young professional who is seeking an easier and more affordable lifestyle. I have a good friend in Tampa, who loves it there and I would like to know if anyone has thoughts on this location.
I also considered Scottsdale, AZ---I know, 2 very different places----and I even made a trip out there a few weeks ago. I love the desert as much as I love the beach. As far as weather goes...I grew up in a suburb of ATL, and know all about humidity. What I am really looking for is an easier place to live, with nice people, and not too boring. I want to be able to meet and make friends easily, and have an opportunity for dating also! I like to be around nice places, and things---Scottsdale is one of the nicest places in AZ--but I am afraid I will be bored out of my mind unless I develop a drinking problem. There only seems to be an atmosphere of the "college party" there. Maybe I'm wrong. Florida is also closer to my folks in ATL....I have read everything negative there is to read about Miami---even though there is a possibility of work there. Are there any 30-somethings out there who can advise me on what is great and happening in Tampa?? Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2008, 05:30 PM

1,824 posts, read 8,380,491 times
Here is my synopsis and opinion of Tampa, from a 30 something.

//www.city-data.com/forum/tampa...t-city-me.html

Old 04-20-2008, 09:29 PM

2,467 posts, read 12,248,774 times
There are a ton of threads on Tampa opinions, so I woudl definitly start reading up on those previous posts!

Old 04-21-2008, 12:34 AM

26 posts, read 97,949 times
St Petersburg is a great city too...with less traffic problems, I might add....and we have beaches !

Old 04-21-2008, 10:23 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
I think you can find happiness in the Tampa Bay Area - it has a lot to offer!

Like the posters above, I recommend you read previous posts on Tamp/St. Pete, to get a feel for the area here.

Good luck to you!

Old 01-05-2010, 07:28 PM

58 posts, read 194,312 times
yeah you'll like it here...so much to do. find somewhere centrally located like either north st. pete, clearwater or westshore area to brandon, new tampa area. all are very nice and close to EVERYTHING...also feather sound is AWESOME...check it out.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:53 PM

257 posts, read 491,660 times
LOL Jujy, how did you bump this up from 2008? are you bored? anyways, she sounds exactly kinda like I am in my current situation...I wonder if she made it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay