Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2020, 09:07 AM

417 posts, read 267,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingItEasy View Post
Walmart and Home Dept look nothing like the common high school. Wonder where the dude was educated - some private school where you have a student to teacher ratio of 8-10:1? Was all mouthy a month or two ago, feeding the press with some garbage that the state got through the pandemic unscathed. How do you like things now?
https://www.wjpitch.com/wp-content/u...NrtTFCPO7.jpeg
I like the job Governor DeSantis is doing under these complicated times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2020, 09:56 AM

31 posts, read 19,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Allnut View Post
I like the job Governor DeSantis is doing under these complicated times.
Sounds like you are a real fan.

Old 07-11-2020, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaShirley View Post
Sounds like you are a real fan.
No, just my opinion.

Old 07-11-2020, 10:42 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
Why so much hate towards Gov. DeSantis? I think he's doing just fine and I like his environmental lead.

Old 07-11-2020, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Why so much hate towards Gov. DeSantis? I think he's doing just fine and I like his environmental lead.
Sadly, it is because of politics. He can do no right with those that are blinded by their partisan hate.
The posts have become more and more of talking point regurgitation coupled with childish insults directed at the Governor just because of his Conservative views and his friendship with the President.

I too am of the opinion that Governor DeSantis is doing a good job despite the circumstances.
His actions on environmental issues have been very good and his recent stance on the state budget was solid.

I voted for him because I liked his stance on the issues just like I voted for Tampa Mayor Castor, a Democrat.

Florida = Sunshine State!

Old 07-12-2020, 10:27 AM

111 posts, read 95,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by franniejacks View Post
And will cause thousands more to die as he NULLIFIES local orders in Pinellas, Tampa, etc. in SECRET!
Mr. Daily New Conference hides what he does. Mostly it's so the churches can continue to collect $$$ at Sunday services.
https://www.tampabay.com/news/health...-restrictions/
Church is the center of the healthy soul...I am sorry that yours is so lost.

Old 07-12-2020, 10:32 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Governor DeSantis should be proud today. FL has surpassed 15,300 new cases of Covid. I guess that makes him #1?

Old 07-12-2020, 12:53 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Allnut View Post
Sadly, it is because of politics. He can do no right with those that are blinded by their partisan hate.
The posts have become more and more of talking point regurgitation coupled with childish insults directed at the Governor just because of his Conservative views and his friendship with the President.

I too am of the opinion that Governor DeSantis is doing a good job despite the circumstances.
His actions on environmental issues have been very good and his recent stance on the state budget was solid.

I voted for him because I liked his stance on the issues just like I voted for Tampa Mayor Castor, a Democrat.

Florida = Sunshine State!
For me it's not political. I'm concerned because I see out of control Covid cases and hospitalizations right now. This virus isn't a left or right issue. If he was doing better and mandating masks, and if he hadn't downplayed this virus like his leader has been, I would give him his props.

Old 07-12-2020, 01:03 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
some good news in spite of the record number of new cases... Looks like (most) hospitals have plans in place from back in March ... to quickly expand hospital (ICU) space for covid-19 patients if required, and plenty of ventilators.

Secretary Mary Mayhew (FL) said a system that tracks the available number of hospital ICU beds doesn’t provide the public with a full picture of the ability to provide intensive-level care because it only includes the current number of beds and not the potential number of beds facilities could offer if they converted unused hospital space.

“Hospitals still have adequate capacity around the state. What we are not seeing captured is the ability (for hospitals) to convert beds to ICU to have a level of ICU surge capacity if needed,” Mayhew said.

Old 07-12-2020, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
For me it's not political. I'm concerned because I see out of control Covid cases and hospitalizations right now. This virus isn't a left or right issue. If he was doing better and mandating masks, and if he hadn't downplayed this virus like his leader has been, I would give him his props.
Sounds political to me.

Other than mandating masks which has been done at the local level, what specific actions could he be "doing bettter" right now? Serious question.

Florida!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay