Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2021, 06:36 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,015,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Option Trader View Post
"Tangible symbol" yep, it's a symbol, it's a symbol for your own head, necessary if you're immune? NO

And yes, most rational people do care about themselves, probably first. So what? Yes, I agree that I care more about my family and myself than complete strangers and shoppers in Publix or at the Mall or strollers on the beach or on the sidewalk. It's called self-preservation and freedom.

That's why I too like "Tangible symbols", such as The Stars and Stripes and my Star of David.

To each his own.
You keep saying you are immune how are people supposed to know that? Even if you wore an "I am immune" tshirt, why would anyone believe you? All the talk about fake immunization cards, narrative warfare about how to combat preventive measures like "tell them hippa", if you went through the effort to wear something that identifies you as immune chances are you are a bad faith actor that woudl be my assesment. I am fully vaccinated, I wear a mask inside and outside when I forget to take it off. Its not a big deal it makes some people more comfortable, I strive to not look at things from a game theoretic perspective all the time that makes for a crappy world, one that i would not like for my kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2021, 06:41 AM

1,277 posts, read 1,092,335 times
Tampa City has turned more blue recently. Southwest Florida is full of Republicans. Some of it is politics and common sense.

Old 05-13-2021, 10:31 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,015,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Option Trader View Post
The salient point I guess, s that I don't CARE what people *think* or their "assessments". I know my own condition. People think what they will think.

People supposed "to know" their own business and choices....just like me ! My job is never to convince you or other folks, lol Perhaps you were kidding?
Jesus, guy. So in your mind, your actions dont affect anyone else, no one is aware of what other people are doing. We dont model behavior, we dont make judgements and react accordingly? I dont even know where to start, most people just intuit this I guess some Girard or introductory reading on mimetic theory may help you may be you can find a Prager U video to explain to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay