Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2008, 09:10 AM

1 posts, read 3,395 times

Advertisements

I have been trying to assist my grandparents in lowering the cost of their homeowners insurance. They reside in Spring Hill and I am in Michigan. If my research is correct I have only found 2 options. One is a state run ins. and the other is Palm Harbor. Is this correct? Does anyone have any tips?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 09:15 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
My advice: Utilize the search function and you'll find a lot of threads on the subject.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:01 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
I just received a letter that my Insurance company is stopping to provide home owners insurance at all, so I will get a new company who will let me know about the rates.....? I use to have good rates, so now we have to wait and see how high it will be....

Old 05-20-2008, 06:49 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,088,540 times
We have used Amica for 8 years in FL and have been very, very pleased. No one has beat their rates.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:51 PM

6,883 posts, read 11,237,132 times
Smile Homeowners Insurance

Insurance should be cheaper in Spring Hill than in other parts of the state. Yes, Amica is good - also try Triple A.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:51 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Why cheaper in Spring Hill? More inland? No flood plane?

Old 05-21-2008, 01:53 PM

Any one ever heard of First Home Insurance Company? located in Jacksonville.
They took over my policy from Hanover and they are $ 400.- cheaper which is very nice but I have a heard time finding out if the company has enough money in case of a Hurricane to pay out. Hopefully we will never experience one and so far I have been in Florida and had 4 or 5 Hurricanes but never had any damage., because it was not directly where we live. But you need to know just in case something happens.

Old 05-21-2008, 03:21 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,596,703 times
The best tip I can give you is that insurors in Florida typically allocate so many policies to write at the beginning of each month. You will get better responses the first week of the month. It makes no sense to me, but I've heard it routinely.

Also, the state has a website at Compare Homeowner's Insurance Rates. Not sure how good it is (didn't help a new customer at all last month), but it's a resource for you since you're trying to do this long distance.

My last customer from Hernando County got their homeowner insurance from Killingsworth in Brooksville. I know nothing about them, but he was pretty happy with the rate & their service.

Good luck!

Old 05-22-2008, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
The best tip I can give you is that insurors in Florida typically allocate so many policies to write at the beginning of each month. You will get better responses the first week of the month. It makes no sense to me, but I've heard it routinely.

Also, the state has a website at Compare Homeowner's Insurance Rates. Not sure how good it is (didn't help a new customer at all last month), but it's a resource for you since you're trying to do this long distance.

My last customer from Hernando County got their homeowner insurance from Killingsworth in Brooksville. I know nothing about them, but he was pretty happy with the rate & their service.

Good luck!
I just took a look and notice that the rates are very different....The company I use to have wasn't on there neither is the one offering me the new insurance. The policy that they offer me is covering exactly the same things so that looks good. My only concern is how much money the company has to pay out just in case a tragedy strikes our area. I have read in the past that in another area there was a sinkhole and that happened in a town home community and the HOA had a insurance company that was insured for that occasion but the company didn't have enough money to cover what they had written the policies for....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay