Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2022, 06:04 PM

211 posts, read 140,270 times

Advertisements

I’ve always been alone and wish I had some company for a change. I have no family and never once had a girlfriend. I’ve always been too ugly and just basically a loser. I am not a good cook but I will cook. I am hoping someone out there, anyone, would join me. I am weary of being alone and just basically desperate at this point. It’s been a lot of years. Is there anyone on Earth, anybody, who would at least just come over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2022, 04:41 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,241,024 times
Cooking a turkey is easy. Get a 10lb bird and cut it in half and cook it and freeze the other half for later gator.

Old 11-15-2022, 04:46 AM

61,694 posts, read 87,077,794 times
Bring your dinner to a shelter or share with a homeless person. You will make their day.

Old 11-15-2022, 07:57 AM

982 posts, read 608,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Bring your dinner to a shelter or share with a homeless person. You will make their day.
Great idea!

I am sorry you are feeling alone. Have you reached out to your neighbors or co-workers to invite them over?

Old 11-15-2022, 10:11 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,690,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Yeah, cook the dinner, then go walking around and find a homeless person to share it with....
That sounds like a lovely way to spend thanksgiving.

Old 11-15-2022, 10:26 AM

124 posts, read 98,921 times
Go ask your church/temple/synagogue - congregation, but asking strangers???

good grief

Old 11-15-2022, 10:35 AM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Why is it that when anyone says they are alone on a holiday, the first reaction is to tell them to go feed a homeless person? How is that company for a lonely person? It's just giving them a job to do that you don't want to do. You are simply dismissing their pain.

All the homeless people have places to go on Thanksgiving unless it is their choice not to. Every soup kitchen will be serving turkey dinners and will have more volunteers than they can use, because everyone wants to volunteer on the holidays but not in February.

OP, how about this. Put out something on Meetup or some other social network asking if there is anyone who will be alone on Thanksgiving, that you are willing to cook, and if they would like to join you.

This could be a bit risky, of course, but maybe if you set some parameters around it, such as asking in advance for verification of who they are, etc., you might find a friend. You are not the only person who is alone on the holidays. Surely someone will be happy to dine with you. Good luck. I hope you find a new friend.

Old 11-15-2022, 10:39 AM

27,205 posts, read 43,896,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0key View Post
I’ve always been alone and wish I had some company for a change. I have no family and never once had a girlfriend. I’ve always been too ugly and just basically a loser. I am not a good cook but I will cook. I am hoping someone out there, anyone, would join me. I am weary of being alone and just basically desperate at this point. It’s been a lot of years. Is there anyone on Earth, anybody, who would at least just come over.
Surely you have neighbors that would love to come over. Ask a few and make a potluck out of it with you cooking the turkey. There are some easy turkey recipes that will guarantee a good result. This is one of my favorites...https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...ecipe4-1943576 These aren't unusual types of holiday dinners, its frequently jokingly called an Orphans Thanksgiving and often with some folks who have places to go with relatives but opt out due to family dynamics or economics of traveling.

Old 11-16-2022, 09:15 AM

8,756 posts, read 5,050,099 times
Volunteer in a nursing home. Bring some sunshine to elderly who also have no one. That will make you feel pretty darn good about yourself. You can also go to the animal shelter, offer to walk dogs......great way to meet and make friends.

Old 11-16-2022, 09:21 AM

17,302 posts, read 22,030,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0key View Post

Dude work a bit on the upsell/self esteem!

Hey guys, looking to meet up for Thanksgiving if anyone is around! I'm not a professional chef but I can be the king of side dishes or we can take a crack at a complete turkey!

Leave out the serial killer vibe........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: