Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 05:33 PM

1 posts, read 2,706 times

Advertisements

Do the primitive camping areas allow small fires at night in central florida coastal areas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2018, 06:33 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
No beer allowed on beaches? Wow.... ok .... good to know. Although the beaches were rocky and you couldn't swim in the water at least we could have bon fires and drink on Alaska Beaches. Yet another reason why I need a boat. Go to an island and camp out!
I drink beer south of Tampa on the beach all the time and it is legal. No bottles it says. Guess the Tampa area is more of a police area. Not a fan of being that strict. Good to know, because Tampa is on my radar.

Old 11-30-2018, 11:05 PM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,523,924 times
Might be what your looking for but its an island. You'll need a boat/waverunner.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...43730681011584

Old 12-01-2018, 05:59 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,510,074 times
Don't know if it's allowed or not but we always take plenty of drink with us to St Pete Beach.
There's nothing nicer than pulling on a good stokie and sinking a few brewskies while watching the babes in bikinis sizzle under the sun.
Lots of other folk seem to be doing it to so I doubt there's much hassle from the cops even if it is illegal.
Live and let live is my motto.

Old 12-01-2018, 07:19 AM

5,977 posts, read 7,373,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
a good stokie
????

RM

Old 12-02-2018, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
????

RM
Dang auto-correct.
Stogie.
Usually Cuban although Norman's Liqour Store on St Pete Beach has a walk-in humidor with a good selection of other cigars.

Old 12-09-2018, 05:23 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,748,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloGrownGrl View Post
Just curious. I've lived in the Tampa Bay area my entire life. I remember when my dad used to go to the beach and have bonfires, but that was many moons ago, probably over a good decade. I don't think any of those shinannigans are allowed anymore, not around here anyway. Are there any other beaches around the state that do allow for this? And alcohol?

I think you remember the movie "The Karate Kid" bonfire at the beach.

These days if you start a bonfire on any beach in Tampa Bay the Police would be called out and everyone would be arrested and charged with Arson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBUxx5bnsg4

Old 12-09-2018, 08:59 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,342,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Don't know if it's allowed or not but we always take plenty of drink with us to St Pete Beach.
There's nothing nicer than pulling on a good stokie and sinking a few brewskies while watching the babes in bikinis sizzle under the sun.
Lots of other folk seem to be doing it to so I doubt there's much hassle from the cops even if it is illegal.
Live and let live is my motto.
Be careful on St. Pete Beach. Alcohol isn't allowed on the beach. We've been there a lot over many years. I've seen the beach cops make people dump their beer and coolers plenty of times. I always mix up a few drinks in our room, and put my drink in cup with a lid. I've never had a problem. Same with beer--pour it into some other kind of covered cup. It's a pain for a beer, but better than running into a problem.

BTW--also a fan of Norm's (just not the stogies).

Old 12-10-2018, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
Be careful on St. Pete Beach. Alcohol isn't allowed on the beach. We've been there a lot over many years. I've seen the beach cops make people dump their beer and coolers plenty of times. I always mix up a few drinks in our room, and put my drink in cup with a lid. I've never had a problem. Same with beer--pour it into some other kind of covered cup. It's a pain for a beer, but better than running into a problem.

BTW--also a fan of Norm's (just not the stogies).
When we're on the beach we tend to drink margaritas.
I mix up a few really vicious ones with tequila,Cointreau and freshly-squeezed lime juice and keep them cold in a couple of 1.8l flasks.
For a passing cop we could just be drinking fruit juice unless it's late in the afternoon by which time we're all laughing our nuts off.
I suspect the police are more vigilant during Spring Break.
I see them take a wander through the PCI at busy times but I doubt they'd be interested in old farts like us.

Old 12-10-2018, 05:33 AM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,523,924 times
It might be hard for some to imagine but there used to be bon fires on both sides (Tampa and St Pete side) of the Courtney Campbell Causeway every night of the week. The Causeway would be lit up from one side to the other, smoke was so thick it was like driving through fog.
Tampa was an awesome place to grow up.

Unfortunately, they put it to a stop after the 2nd child was burned. Family's would go to the beach's the following day after a fire and couldnt tell white ashes from white sand. Kids would be playing in the sand one minute and in a hot bed of coals the next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay