Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 08:34 AM

33 posts, read 121,630 times

Advertisements

Thanks for all the info provided on these condos. Eventhough, at the price that the condos are selling it's such a good deal, I also agree that down the road we'll be paying double or tripple $ for the repairs.

My brother was excited to buy a unit there until he found out these issues on the property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 04:11 PM

16 posts, read 51,010 times
I don't think one part of the complex is any better than another construction-wise, all the buildings are presumed to have the same damage (Some actually had the exterior wood/stucco removed making that damage visible). As far as crime goes, the buildings bordering Cross Creek seem to be safe (I've heard reports of crime but never witnessed anything myself, I noticed a rent-a-cop now patrolling the grounds so I assume something must have happend).

The biggest downfall of the complex is the lack of leadership, despite having over $100,000 in reserve they have not attempted any repairs (I guess it will take a unit collapsing and injuring a person first). They do have a lawsuit(s) pending, however I'm not holding my breath on that one...

Old 08-22-2010, 10:27 AM

1 posts, read 2,977 times
Thanks so much for this info,I was a potential out of State buyer ,the prices looked to good to be true and now I know why.Water damage equals mold especially in high humidity Florida,major health issues down the line. I think it should be noted in the MLS listings that Ive been looking through

On another note does anyone know if condos such as these (not this one now) alllow dogs? I have a 40 pound boxer and cant seem to find a decent place because of her Thanks Again

Old 11-22-2010, 10:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,766 times
I just looked at a unit today and it had extensive mold on the drywall, but I am sure the studs are affected as well, due to the fact that it leaked in from the outside.. Not only is the stucco bad, but the windows were not installed properly. The window was falling out of the unit. The roof is not correct. It did not have the structural support for a tile roof, just for a shingle roof. Not only should the builder be sued, but what about the building inspectors for the city, county, etc. This place is a disaster and the builder shouldn't even be in business anymore. Plus I think the lawsuit should include whatever jurisdiction the building department is in. This is if anyone wants my 2 cents. On the other hand, I am curious where the lawsuit stands.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,946 times
I am an owner with a great end unit for sale in the Villas. The place has had its' problems but is getting through it now. One of the only seven buildings affected by water problems has been completely redone and they will be starting another next. My condo and building was thoroughly checked and has no problems. There will be no special assessments by the HOA according to the board as they are using reserves.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:56 PM

1 posts, read 1,842 times
What is the status on the lawsuit against the developer and repair costs? I want to buy a unit but the price seems too good to be true? Was all the damage repaired or is it still ongoing? Any info. would be helpful. Thanks.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:48 AM

82 posts, read 207,338 times
Well, not sure you're going to get any answers. this thread is 2 years old and was dug up by someone that wants to sell their house there. Who knows what was fixed in that amount of time, but judging by what I've read, I wouldn't trust any of them unless you plan on taking down spots of drywall to look for mold yourself.....

Old 05-29-2013, 04:10 PM

2 posts, read 2,711 times
Getting a condo here in THE VILLAS CONDOMINIUMS.\
Has all these been solved???
""1. The defects are significant, water penetrated the roofs and stucco causing wood rot (It's my understanding the builder didn't use a moisture barrier such as TYVEK to prevent this). There is currently a lawsuit and the projected cost to fixe runs in the millions. Our prior HOA started repairs but then abruptly stopped, that is why some buildings look better than others (No buildings were actually repaired, they were just 'opened' and remain that way today).""

This is a review post in here from 2009. This is May 2013. Has this changed? Please let me know
Thank you

Old 07-23-2013, 01:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,529 times
We just looked at a condo to buy. After seeing the report we walked away. The price may be good but the repairs will definitely bankrupt you. Such a shame as the place looked pretty. Just not risking it.

Old 05-13-2014, 02:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,333 times
We are moving to Tampa in the near future and the Villas have a place that "looks" good in the listing. Have these been repaired at all or should we just cross it off the list of potential condos to look at?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay