Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2009, 11:48 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,728,178 times

Advertisements

Between County Line road and St RD 54 lanes will be widened from 2 lanes to 6 lanes!

It will start with the 3.4 mile segment between Palm springs dr. in Tampa Palms and Pebble Creek dr., north of I-75.

Due to the economy there isn't enough money till at least 2016 to widen the part from Tampa Palm south, which will cause for years a bottle neck effect and Tampa Palm HOA has send letters to their HO to sign and and submit a letter to the BOCC (Hilsborough County Board of County Commisioners) asking that they "immediately take action to the matter"...but what can they do if there isn't any money....

Btw. one of the Hillsborough county commisioners ownes a business in that part and hasn't paid the rent for month and is now after having a huge amount of debt closing his hair salon ...

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:tvEaoFUfFAgJ:www2.tbo.com/content/2009/apr/13/na-caetano-under-fire-as-hair-salon-closes/news-metro/+ceatano+closes+his+salon&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us (broken link)

click on the link and read what a Hillsborough County man has done to others!!!

Last edited by bentlebee; 04-19-2009 at 12:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 10:07 AM

403 posts, read 1,580,446 times
It's actually supposed to be 8 lanes. 4 lanes in each direction.

Old 06-14-2009, 10:11 AM

1,246 posts, read 4,653,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwflconch View Post
It's actually supposed to be 8 lanes. 4 lanes in each direction.
I thought they changed it to 6.

Old 06-17-2009, 10:13 AM

403 posts, read 1,580,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annaegel View Post
I thought they changed it to 6.
Yes, it has been downgraded to 6 lanes, I didn't know how they were going to fit 8 lanes there, with all the triple right turn lanes and everything being planned.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:22 PM

Anyone know what is going to happen to the pedestrian/bike walkway?

Old 04-29-2010, 01:14 PM

5 posts, read 11,358 times
Anyone have current rush hour drive times for that 3.4 stretch under construction? Going to be renting in Hunters Green this August and driving to the VA Hospital. Love to know how long it's going to take. Would taking "the back way" on Morris Bridge be any shorter?

Old 04-29-2010, 01:54 PM

1,500 posts, read 3,331,908 times

I read options were 6 lanes with room for possible light rail or 8 lanes with no rail. For bikes, probably it widens in towards the center, at least that's how it looks now. Does not look like path will be disturbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaegel View Post
Anyone know what is going to happen to the pedestrian/bike walkway?
For non bikers driving on the road with bikes, please remember that Florida law requires giving bikes at least 3 feet of clearance as you pass. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbinaz View Post
Anyone have current rush hour drive times for that 3.4 stretch under construction? Going to be renting in Hunters Green this August and driving to the VA Hospital. Love to know how long it's going to take. Would taking "the back way" on Morris Bridge be any shorter?
Not even during rush hour, but yesterday at about 3-3:30 pm it took me a half hour to get from just south of County Line Road to Fletcher. Morris Bridge is pretty far east and then you'd have to double back so I doubt you'd save much on that.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:42 PM

At a meeting a long time ago, they had promised to maintain a bike/pedestrian path.

There has been meetings for residence to attend to let your opinions be heard. They wanted to get an idea of what the community wanted. Six lanes now, in hopes to eventually have a light rail system. Or, go ahead and make 8 lanes while the prices are cheaper. The problem with 6 lanes and waiting for a light rail, a light rail may never be built and by then, to make an extra 2 lanes would be too expensive. Worse case scenario, no light rail, only 6 lanes, and they have a projected development that would be a strain on 6 lanes. We would eventually need 8 lanes, unless they did install the light rail.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:30 PM

6 posts, read 18,918 times
Yes rhbinaz - we also live in Hunter's Green and my DH takes Morris Bridge to work everyday. It does save some time. We basically avoid BBD at all costs. I work from home and only go on BBD on a weekday at a slow time (10am) and it's still busy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: