Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 07:32 PM

36 posts, read 78,487 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

This is a great forum that has informed me in so many areas with information about Tampa. Thank you!

Finally, we are moving in Tampa over the weekend, and the first thing we need is to fill up the fridge and pantry. Could anyone please tell me where can I find some Mediterranean food stores: fresh meat, variety of cheeses, and such..

Italian, Greek, Macedonian, Albanian, and so on.

Also, is there any fruit market, butcher store close by, not necessarily expensive ones.

I will be moving close to Citrus Park area.

I hope someone knows.. and thank you again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2009, 08:09 AM

362 posts, read 1,719,389 times
Although not close to Citrus Park, I'd encourage an excursion to Marazzo's in St. Pete . Go early. the place is absolutely packed on Saturday afternoons

Old 06-20-2009, 08:26 AM

Thank you honu1!

I tried to look it up on-line, but was not lucky..
Is this only a Saturday Market, and if you know does it have meat, fruit and all foods. Making all efforts to make on stop, at least for this first time

Old 06-20-2009, 12:21 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,655,639 times
There is one on Bearss on the corner of Skipper. I don't recall the name, but there is a new California Taco place in the very small strip. There is also an Army surpluss supply store in the same place. It is not in a great neighborhood, but don't be too turned off. They sell all kinds of stuff like grapeleaves (to make your own). I have not been in there, but took note of it. My friend went and bought grapeleaves. She really liked the store There is a bakery/grocery store further up on Bearss on the corner of Livingston. I am not sure if that is still there. There is a gas station on the corner. Across the street there is a mediterranean restaurant called Hookah. It looks small. I have not tried it. They service lunch and dinner. Somewhere on Skipper is another restaurant. Did not like the food too much. Some different spices I did not like so much.

Awhile ago I tried a falafel at a place near University mall. They made it in a different way. Very unusual, but I liked it. That place was on the street where Staples is off of Bruce B. Downs. There is a soccer supply store right near by. I don't know if it is still there.

Good luck!

Old 06-20-2009, 12:41 PM

101 posts, read 530,285 times
There is a little Italian Deli right at the corner of Sheldon and Gunn (across from Sickles High School) in Citrus Park. You can get fresh meats and cheese there, as well as prepared foods.

Welcome to the neighborhood!

Old 06-20-2009, 01:35 PM

362 posts, read 1,719,389 times
Mazzaro's Italian Market - Italian Deli, Italian Bakery, Gourmet Cheese & Wine, Meat Department, Pasta Department, Seafood Department, St. Petersburg, FL
To me, not an alternative to a regular grocery store. Rather, I go here periodically to have coffee and dessert, browse a bit for fresh pastas, grab some vino and cheese, etc.

Old 06-21-2009, 11:26 AM

8 posts, read 18,138 times
Fro Mediterranean/Middle Eastern foods, we like to shop in the Temple Terrace/USF area. The corner of 56th and Whiteway has a strip mall of Middle Eastern Restaurants, Coffee shops and a market where we buy pita, chick-peas and tahini, (I like to make my own hummus).

Old 06-24-2009, 11:38 AM

Thank you so much!

We arrived here on Tuesday.. Hoooott
I will start checking all above places.. I will start with the Italian Deli. It is very close to where I live. Karamia 36 thank you for the welcome, so much need it..

Have a wonderful day,
Anna

Boy, is it different here than Michigan

Old 06-24-2009, 01:25 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,601,624 times
When/if you stop at the Italian Deli on Gunn/Sheldon, you may want to go into the Sweetbay Market nearby. Many of them have an olive bar in the deli section. Publix is another popular grocery store chain.

There is a Fresh Market at the intersection of North Dale Mabry and Fletcher Ave (maybe 20 minutes from Citrus Park). They have plenty of fresh veggies/fruits, grains (some whole), meats, fish, wines, coffee beans, fresh pastries, and an assortment of prepared foods. It seems every time I go, they're always trying to get me to "taste" something new.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:24 PM

16 posts, read 57,483 times
mazarro's is worth trip, it's easy to spend money there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay