Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 07:39 PM

9 posts, read 56,643 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I have family who is considering moving to Newport Richey soon, and my family has chosen to move once my family settles in. I have a question though, are interracial couples with a child welcome in Newport Richey? I don't want to put my family in a bad situation. Please answer if you can. Thank you for any, and all help ... I would have posted on a Newport Richey board, but was unable to find one...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 07:43 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,300,667 times
You'll be fine up there. I wouldn't worry.

(This is the correct subforum for New Port Richey questions.)

Old 04-17-2010, 08:03 PM

Thank you very much for your help ferret111 =)

Old 04-17-2010, 10:50 PM

16 posts, read 37,755 times
You should know by now that you just can't generalize about this. Some folks have no problems with it and some do. This is simply a fact of life.

All it will take is an idiot neighbor or two to make your life miserable.

On the other hand, you might move to a neighborhood where you will have no problems.

Ideally, you will be able to take your time, go visit where you're interested in moving to and TALK to some people who live there already.

Don't be shy. Talk to people in stores, ask local law enforcement, ring some bells and introduce yourselves and ask a few questions.

The reception(s) you get will tell you a lot.

You shouldn't have to worry about this but the fact is you do have to worry some about it.

Get out there and check it out! Don't make a hasty move!

We have friends who live in NPR and they tell us some pretty weird stories about the place. There's a lot of "News of the Weird" that comes out of NPR.

Do some research, please.

Old 04-18-2010, 06:08 AM

1,466 posts, read 3,077,659 times
NPR is a little more 'country' than other areas of Tampa Bay area, you probably want to move more into the metropolis of Pinellas or Hillsborough. I am biased towards Pinellas, but either work.
good luck to your family

Old 04-18-2010, 10:27 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,183,403 times
Why New Port Richey? You should consider other areas too. NPR may not suit your lifestyle depending on what you like to do for fun.

I doubt you would have problems in NPR but like most places no one can guarantee that you won't have some neighbor who is not very nice. It may have nothing to do with your marriage but just the way they are. You can find unfriendly neighbors everywhere.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:34 PM

Thank you all for your input, my parents are moving to Florida, and they have taken an intrest in Newport Richey. I would love to live closer to them, so this is why we are considering moving there as well.

If anyone can share any stories about Newport Richey, my ears are wide open. It never hurts to hear opinions exp: from people who live near, or in the town. My husband, daughter and myself currently reside in Louisiana.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:17 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
New Port Richey? i'd say its anytown USA, main street would be Hwy19 and is surrounded by bungalow communities,the main road is 3 lanes each way of traffic chaos serving the endless shopping Plazas,fast food joints,car dealers, malls etc. and there is very little in the way of beaches,small attempt at Green Key, or a bit north to Hudson Beach or a bit south to Anclote Key.
Why New Port Richey and not further south in the Tampa St Pete Area?

Old 04-19-2010, 12:12 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,300,667 times
As I mentioned before, you should be alright in New Port Richey. Still, there are far better places than West Pasco. Parts of it are very sprawly and some of it could probably be considered suburban blight. I understand you want to be close to your parents, but if you don't plan on visiting them every single day, I'd suggest looking at places down south in Pinellas.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:15 PM

712 posts, read 1,366,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makingfloridahome View Post
Hello,

I have a question though, are interracial couples with a child welcome in Newport Richey?
I think it depends on the race, different levels of hate apply. There might be a conversion chart available online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay