Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 02:50 AM

849 posts, read 2,955,329 times

Advertisements

Kamoshika - Now that's some useful "sun" information! Living south of Tampa, I have never given that a lot of thought but I understand those that do. My wife and I actually look forward to some of the rainy days where you can laze around watching a movie or football or reading a book.

Fortunately, we have gotten some rain the last two days as we we're about to blow away it's been so dry. We look forward to the change in seasons in Tennessee and even the overcast days it will bring!

We lived in Louisville, Ky for a few years a long while back, and that was the most perfect four seasons of weather you could have. It will be nice to experience the cool fall days (and overcast) that will come our way in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 06:06 AM

364 posts, read 1,112,700 times
OMG woke up to 86 degrees and VERY HUMID!!!!1!!

It will probably take me some getting use to but I also do love those rainy days. The severe lightning storms will be missed also those are perfect for the afternoon cat nap on a Sunday afternoon.

Old 07-18-2007, 07:50 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,429,742 times
I moved from Naples. From what I remember, the spring it rained almost daily, so no sun there most of the time. The summer was so hot that the only way to enjoy it was from inside an A/C house with a glass of tea, lest you step outside and have the bugs pick you up and carry you away as you die of heat stroke. The only time of year I liked there were the 3 days in winter.

Here, there's a fair bit of sun, but no, nothing like Florida. It's been really sunny here the last several months. Very little rain which is killing me personally. The pastures are so dry and the ponds are shriveling up to puddles. This AM we finally got some rain, but we're still very much in a drought. I remember last year we had so much rain that on 70S in Centertown on my way home there was water standing across the road. Seems we've gone from one extreme to another.

Anyway, I like it here. I was born on Marco Island in FL. Loved that island until it got populated. Could have spent my life living on that beach and didn't think I'd ever be happier any other place in the world. Fortunately for me, I was very wrong. I'm so very happy here, as is the rest of the family.

Unless you're looking to move immediately, I'd say some up for a week or so a few times a year - spring, summer, winter - and see what you think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee