Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2007, 02:28 PM

2 posts, read 8,514 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are planning to move to Monroe Co. Tn as soon as our house here sells. We live in South Misssissippi. We would like to see if anyone can share with us info about Madisonville. We have an 8 y/o son and would like to know how the schools in Madisonville are vs Monroe Co schools? What is good area in Madisonville or surrounding area to buy a new home. We are outdoors country type of people so we are not looking for the right on top of each other kind of home. We also are big little league baseball parents. Our son is a very good ball player and we are looking foward to him playing ball after we move. Any info will be very helpfull. Also, we have been told that sometimes people in small towns don't accept new residents moving in. We are from a small town also but we have lived here all of our lifes. My husband was talking to a realtor in Monroe county the other day and he asked her that question. She assured him with his country accent that he has that we would not have any problems being accepted into the community. Thanks.

Last edited by tktbmt; 08-17-2007 at 02:40 PM.. Reason: forgot to ask a question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2007, 04:37 PM

13,355 posts, read 39,968,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tktbmt View Post
My husband and I are planning to move to Monroe Co. Tn as soon as our house here sells. We live in South Misssissippi. We would like to see if anyone can share with us info about Madisonville. We have an 8 y/o son and would like to know how the schools in Madisonville are vs Monroe Co schools? What is good area in Madisonville or surrounding area to buy a new home. We are outdoors country type of people so we are not looking for the right on top of each other kind of home. We also are big little league baseball parents. Our son is a very good ball player and we are looking foward to him playing ball after we move. Any info will be very helpfull. Also, we have been told that sometimes people in small towns don't accept new residents moving in. We are from a small town also but we have lived here all of our lifes. My husband was talking to a realtor in Monroe county the other day and he asked her that question. She assured him with his country accent that he has that we would not have any problems being accepted into the community. Thanks.
There is no separate Madisonville school district; it's all Monroe County Schools.

Madisonville is a cute little town not far from Sweetwater which is slightly larger. Between the two towns, you won't have any problems finding little league baseball and somewhere nice to live. It's fairly rural, so you don't need to worry about crowded subdivisions where people are living on top of each other.

I used to live in Mississippi, so I'm familiar with the way things are done there. I love Mississippi, but I was shocked when I discovered that even small towns have "good" and "bad" parts of town. That's not the case in small towns in East Tennessee. There's no particular area of Madisonville, Sweetwater or Monroe County that is better or worse than another.

Have fun with the move! You're moving to a nice area and in a great location, roughly half-way between Knoxville and Chattanooga and near some beautiful lakes and mountains.

Old 08-19-2007, 04:20 PM

2 posts, read 8,514 times
Thanks JMT for the reply. Your info helps alot. Initially we were going to move to Maryville but land and homes are alot more expensive from what we have seen in the real estate books and on the internet. Thanks again.

Old 08-20-2007, 11:51 AM

25 posts, read 202,853 times
You need to spend some time in Monroe County before moving there. I am partial to Blount County. I have relatives in both places and my Monroe County relatives are very standoffish to people they didn't grow up with. Go to the little league fields and talk to everyone you see. There may be enough people relocating there that it will be all right. But don't expect those who have lived there since birth to be very friendly.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:11 PM

2 posts, read 7,770 times
You say that you are country people so you will have no problem with Madisonville. It is basically all country. I lived there my entire life and just moved to Florida. The biggest store in Madisonville is Walmart(just to give you an idea of how small it is) There are no malls, no movie theaters, or anything like that. As for fitting in, your son will have no problem at all. Everyone there is very friendly and though it is true that most of them know eachother and even grew up together they will welcome you. Your son will have no problem making friends especially since he plays little league but I do suggest you visit there before moving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee