Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 08:51 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,407,634 times

Advertisements

Yonder Hollow and its old timey musicians, were featured in last week's Roane County News. (I subscribe for home mail delivery so I get it late) I am now regretting more than ever, not spending a Friday night with them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2007, 04:33 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,131,557 times
Smile Do they have regular performances, bbkaren?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
Yonder Hollow and its old timey musicians, were featured in last week's Roane County News. (I subscribe for home mail delivery so I get it late) I am now regretting more than ever, not spending a Friday night with them!
Bbkaren, do they perform there often? Do you have an idea how far it is from Maryville? We are going to be staying in Maryville the end of next week for a few days and would love to check it out if there is a performance then.

Thanks for posting that info, but I am sure sorry that you missed it last weekend yourself.

Old 08-21-2007, 05:12 PM

1,697 posts, read 6,803,448 times
For a couple of non-festival but authentic bluegrass experiences, stop in at the Lazy Time Pickin' Parlor in Weber City, VA (just across the state line from Kingsport) any Tues. evening or Sat. morning for their jam sessions...the fellers play there pert near every day, though:
Tri-cities: Crooked Road performance/sessions INFORMATION - The Crooked Road - Part Three - TriCities.com

YouTube - Lazy Time Pickin' Parlor

My parents and some of their friends love Bluegrass at Bellamy's in Surgoinsville (Hawkins Co.):
Main Street Bluegrass - Bellamys

More info on Yonder Hollow bluegrass in Rockwood, about an hour west of Maryville:
New Page 1
MySpace.com - Yonder Hollow Productions - Tennessee - Bluegrass - www.myspace.com/yonderhollow

Last edited by kamoshika; 08-21-2007 at 05:28 PM..

Old 08-21-2007, 06:42 PM

I wish I could pull up a copy of the article in the Roane county news...

WAIT! I could scan it and save it on my gallery. oooh! Give me a day to do that and it'll be up tomorrow Lord willing!

It was such a nice article.

Old 08-21-2007, 06:43 PM

Thumbs up Hope I can make all of these! Look great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamoshika View Post
For a couple of non-festival but authentic bluegrass experiences, stop in at the Lazy Time Pickin' Parlor in Weber City, VA (just across the state line from Kingsport) any Tues. evening or Sat. morning for their jam sessions...the fellers play there pert near every day, though:
Tri-cities: Crooked Road performance/sessions INFORMATION - The Crooked Road - Part Three - TriCities.com (http://www.tricities.com/tristate/tri/entertainment/crooked_road_promo/partthree.apx.-content-articles-TRI-2007-03-03-0026.html - broken link)

YouTube - Lazy Time Pickin' Parlor

My parents and some of their friends love Bluegrass at Bellamy's in Surgoinsville (Hawkins Co.):
Main Street Bluegrass - Bellamys

More info on Yonder Hollow bluegrass in Rockwood, about an hour west of Maryville:
New Page 1
MySpace.com - Yonder Hollow Productions - Tennessee - Bluegrass - MySpace.com - Yonder Hollow Productions - Tennessee - Bluegrass - www.myspace.com/yonderhollow

Wow, thank you, kamoshika! I just checked out each of the websites that you posted and they are great. They all seem to be within easy reach of Blount Co. so I know where we'll be every weekend.

I really appreciate you taking so much time to pull all of these together for all of us who like old-timey and Bluegrass music!

Old 08-21-2007, 06:51 PM

Wink We'll watch for the article on the forum.

Quote:
I wish I could pull up a copy of the article in the Roane county news...

WAIT! I could scan it and save it on my gallery. oooh! Give me a day to do that and it'll be up tomorrow Lord willing!

It was such a nice article.
That will be terrific, bbkaren. I'll look for it tomorrow on the forum and I'm sure many others will, too.

Thursday, we take off for a ten-day whiz around the East Coast to visit family, which will also include a few days in the Knoxville area. If I don't see it before we leave (Drat - no laptop....yet!), I'll be on our relatives' computers while we are visiting.

Thanks a bunch for thinking of the scan.

Old 08-21-2007, 09:09 PM

8 posts, read 26,949 times
In Jamestown we have the Bluegrass Festival every summer. This year it was on July 27 & 28. It is always a lot of fun. But the absolute must-see event if you like "old timey" music festivals is the Fall Homecoming at the Museum of Appalachia in Norris, TN. It's a four day event full of music, food, and fun. I love it, although being in school has kept me from going for the last couple of years. I am not 100% certain of the dates this year, but I think it goes from October 11 - 14.

Old 08-21-2007, 09:41 PM

Thumbs up October 11 - 14; we'll be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderlady_85 View Post
In Jamestown we have the Bluegrass Festival every summer. This year it was on July 27 & 28. It is always a lot of fun. But the absolute must-see event if you like "old timey" music festivals is the Fall Homecoming at the Museum of Appalachia in Norris, TN. It's a four day event full of music, food, and fun. I love it, although being in school has kept me from going for the last couple of years. I am not 100% certain of the dates this year, but I think it goes from October 11 - 14.
You are exactly right, raiderlady. I just did a google search and found their website and it is October 11 - 14 from 9 AM til dusk! Here is the website for anyone who may want to check out what is on tap. It looks like a great time for the whole family. We are going to try to make it up from NE GA (about 4 hrs., I think) and it should be a great time of year too. (Be done with this heat - yah!)

http://www.museumofappalachia.com/MOA%20TN%20Fall%20Homecoming%20Broch.pdf (broken link)

Thanks so much for passing that on!

Old 08-22-2007, 08:42 AM

Darn it, scripts are disabled at work. Tony, see your private messages; maybe you could post it for me?

Old 08-22-2007, 10:13 AM

1,049 posts, read 4,006,380 times
Quote:
Darn it, scripts are disabled at work. Tony, see your private messages; maybe you could post it for me?
Sorry, I have'nt been able to get any emails for 2 weeks, I'm not sure what's wrong. I think maybe my email inbox is full, I need to delete some stuff, can someone else here help with posting the article?

Tony
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee