Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 10:21 AM

2 posts, read 12,378 times

Advertisements

I would love to know if your relatives know about the old store and/or any Brewers who might have lived there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2007, 08:27 AM

10 posts, read 41,097 times
I grew up in Iron City. I moved to Mississippi 2 years ago due to losing my job at Murray. The video made me sick. Why didn't they talk about the good things in Iron City instead of all the crap.I miss my home town.There was alot of bad things going on there but you had the chioce to choose what path you took. My family still lives there my parents,brother,cousins,aunts and uncles. I go home alot to see my family. Now I think they need to make a video of the beautiful things there like Rocky Ford,Holly Creek,Wolk Creek the old school. Did they forget it use to be a hotel and a college there. I guess they only put in the video what they wnted to see so that don't say much for the ones who made it.
TN Girl

Old 12-12-2007, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMarine9903 View Post
I have lived in the Greenhill Area all my life, in fact I am within walking distance of Iron City. I was just wondering if anyone can tell me any information pertaining to the history of Iron City. I have personally toured some of the old Iron Ore Mines and rail beds and I am having trouble finding any really detailed history on the Area. Can anyone help me.

You can go to the city hall in Iron City . Pat she can tell you a little about it. They also have old pictures on the wall.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiesn View Post
Iron City School reunion! I have been asked when the Iron City School reunion is to be? I do not have an answer, and wondered if anyone else new when this is to be? I want to go real bad and request any info. Thanks, Janie Sledge Coke. myspace.com/janiesledgecoke

They have already had the Iron City School reuion this year. It is in October almost every year.You can contact the Iron City Lions Club or call the city hall and the lady there can tell you who to contact. My mother helps every year with this. Her name is Cricket. You might even know her.

Old 12-14-2007, 06:15 PM

14 posts, read 71,370 times
Default Iron City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tn Girl View Post
They have already had the Iron City School reuion this year. It is in October almost every year.You can contact the Iron City Lions Club or call the city hall and the lady there can tell you who to contact. My mother helps every year with this. Her name is Cricket. You might even know her.
I know your mother, as was at the reunion. I watched the video myself, of Iron City blues. LOL! Not the Iron City I know. I live in Ms myself and will be back thru on Sunday. My cousin Ricky Rhodes, passed away and is to be burried Sunday Dec 16th in Loretto.
I love that old school! Janie Sledge Coke

Old 12-18-2007, 06:49 PM

13 posts, read 58,699 times
anybody here ever listen to KIX 96 out of Florence?

Old 12-19-2007, 07:34 AM

I live in Kosciusko. We are heading to Mom on Saturday for xmas. I tried to go to your my space page but I could not send you anything because I am not a member. I was glad to see you post somthing back on here. I would give you my email address but everyone would see it to. I would like to chat sometime. I miss my home town and my family. I've made friends here but I just miss my small town. Take care Janie and talk to you soon.Sorry about Ricky. I can't place him. Were you related to Kyle Rhodes? I know he past away in a car wreck a couple of months ago.

Old 12-23-2007, 01:25 PM

3 posts, read 20,194 times
Good news for those that want a little piece of paradise in Iron City,Tennessee,I saw a 72 acre tract of land just off Danley road for sale,this is rare for the area,this doesn't happen very often,land there usually stays in the families for generations,the southwest corner boarders the mighty shoal creek with beautiful views,just thought someone might want to know this.

Old 12-31-2007, 03:23 AM

14 posts, read 71,370 times
I am trying to figure out how to get you my email, without posting it on here. Would love to chat. Janie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tn Girl View Post
I live in Kosciusko. We are heading to Mom on Saturday for xmas. I tried to go to your my space page but I could not send you anything because I am not a member. I was glad to see you post somthing back on here. I would give you my email address but everyone would see it to. I would like to chat sometime. I miss my home town and my family. I've made friends here but I just miss my small town. Take care Janie and talk to you soon.Sorry about Ricky. I can't place him. Were you related to Kyle Rhodes? I know he past away in a car wreck a couple of months ago.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:57 AM

15,205 posts, read 12,078,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janiesn View Post
I am trying to figure out how to get you my email, without posting it on here. Would love to chat. Janie
Send it in a DM.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee