Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 11:37 AM

364 posts, read 1,112,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter View Post
Seems the government never mentions dropping some of the federal and state
taxes that are added on to each gallon. It would help us all out, but Nooooo!
I remember as a kid I saw those taxes posted at the stations. Not any more.
Not for a long while.
Now Only if my cats would get jobs it may help out.
Sorry everyone but I hope the price hits $6 a gallon or more. It will hurt but in the long run it will be good for us, its hurting me right now.

The price keeps going up it puts the pressure on the government to put incentives on alternative fuel. Forces us to be more fuel efficient and makes what alternatives that are out there cheaper. Those hybrids are not worth the extra few thousand you pay.

We need to stop paying these countries that want nothing more but see us blown up. No other commodity is controlled the way oil is. You think a farmer can go "hummm Im not making enough on milk, I am going to stop giving you so much milk." We would tell him where to go and buy something else till the market would adjust. The free market needs to set the price not OPEC.

Prices get cheaper all we do is use more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 04:36 PM

48 posts, read 169,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpsouth View Post
Yet, another reason I can't wait to leave California for Tennessee.
You arent the only one.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:46 PM

1,113 posts, read 2,520,664 times
We are paying 3.19 a gallon here in North Florida.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:42 AM

203 posts, read 766,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpsouth View Post
Yet, another reason I can't wait to leave California for Tennessee.
Here, here!!!!

Old 02-27-2008, 10:31 AM

5,985 posts, read 4,378,901 times
Don't be surprised if you see $4.00 by summer. I drive an 18-wheeler and have recently seen diesel at $3.699 in New Jersey.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:27 PM

66 posts, read 220,901 times
Quote:
Don't be surprised if you see $4.00 by summer. I drive an 18-wheeler and have recently seen diesel at $3.699 in New Jersey.
There are stations right now in the San Francisco Bay Area that have already reached $4.00+ for diesel.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:13 AM
mmw

38 posts, read 120,978 times
I live in crappy Ohio, and very small community of only a little over 6,000 people, and we have been paying over $3.00 for a very long ~ anywhere from $3.09 to $3.19. Ouch!

Old 02-28-2008, 07:36 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
It's just another reason why people who retire here should rethink if they really want to live far from the activities they like to do frequently.

And people who don't mind an easy commute to work despite distance, should consider that traffic isn't the only reason to live closer to your job when moving to the state. You know, you may be getting a break on the house by living over an hour from your job but are you going to suck up that savings in gasoline costs? You are probably taking a hit in pay to come here so now it's something else to consider when deciding exactly where to live once you get here.

The thing is, if you haven't moved here yet, you can consider it.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:08 AM

203 posts, read 766,255 times
It's about $3.35 at our local station here in northern CA. I know it's higher at others in the area.

One of the things we're looking for when we move is to be close enough to the schools that the kids can ride their bikes. It's amazing how much gas can be eaten up by just driving the kids to and from school everyday. Also, I love to walk, so would enjoy being close enough to stores to walk. I guess we'll see if that's possible.

Either way, gas is still less expensive in TN than in CA.

Old 02-29-2008, 06:28 PM

69 posts, read 254,136 times
Default Gas Prices will never go down

Folks, I'm sorry to give my opinion that these prices are here to stay. In Europe they've been $4-$6 per gallon for many years. We've been lucky to have the lower prices all this time.

I expect prices to go to $5 to $6 per gallon in the not-distant future. When are we, as a nation, going to STOP buying gas & STAND UP & make our voices heard. Drive as little as we possibly can. Stop thinking of our instant gratification, as we Americans tend to do, & think of our economic future for just a minute. If we would just stop buying gas for one week, prices would drop drastically.

The oil companies have got our number, they seem to know that Americans are spoiled, stupid, will do anything to have our lives not interrupted, so they'll take advantage. We need to tell them they are wrong by not buying gas. Do I believe we will do that, NO. Do I believe that we are fools, YES.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee