Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 09:09 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,511,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
Send us some half naked spring breakers (female, preferably) and we'll send you some snow!

;-)
Most of those half naked male spring breakers are my sons and his friends. Hengy Mama can keep them for an extra week. I'll send a snow making machine!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2008, 09:00 AM

1,113 posts, read 2,521,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
Most of those half naked male spring breakers are my sons and his friends. Hengy Mama can keep them for an extra week. I'll send a snow making machine!
They are all insane too.....it's like 60 degrees outside and they are all out on the beach sun bathing like it is 90 degrees. I swear their brains aren't fully developed yet.

Can someone make a snow angel and post a picture?

Old 03-09-2008, 09:05 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,222,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HengyMama View Post
They are all insane too.....it's like 60 degrees outside and they are all out on the beach sun bathing like it is 90 degrees. I swear their brains aren't fully developed yet.

If you want to see snow pictures you can go to the WSMV website. They've posted 900 pictures that people have sent it. I saw at least one where a boy was making a snow angel (I'm sure there are others . . . I didn't view all 900 of them).

Old 03-09-2008, 04:07 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,436,144 times
Wow. I had planned on leaving work (Nashville) early Friday as it was predicting to start at 3PM. Then 6PM. Then 8PM. I finally left the office with the flurries about 8:30. Drove home and got all kind of work done as I had to leave at 4AM to head to NC for a dog I was transporting to MD.

Holy smoke!!! I woke up Saturday AM to a lawn of solid white. The car doors were frozen shut. There was a good 4 inches of snow in the yard and on the roof - at least! Left home and headed out to Sparta and then over to Crossville to hit I40. There were several cars that had slid off the road into the median. The roads had a good bit of ice in placest, though they really were in good shape if you stayed in the right lane. Just the passing lanes were bad.

We had snow on I-40 all the way to just over the NC border on the interstate. And on the way home, crossed the border Saturday night to find it still snowing in TN!! Wow!! We wound up with about 5 inches on the ground in the yard by the time we got home late last night.

Was a 20 hour day for me, so I slept until 11AM. By the time I drug myself out of bed nearly every bit of the snow was gone. It's just piled up in little 1 inch piles around the base of the trees here. Bummer.

Old 03-09-2008, 04:29 PM

423 posts, read 1,405,743 times
Here...you can have ALL of our snow if you want it. Here in NE Ohio we got over a foot of snow Saturday and couldn't begin to get out the driveway this morning. More coming the rest of the week. We had a mild winter and now that March is here...uh huh...winter finally decides to make an appearance. I'll probably be wearing long johns on Easter Sunday while my southern sisters are wearing pretty pastels
Attached Thumbnails
Winter Storm Warning in effect from 6 PM this evening to 12 PM CST Saturday...-2.jpg   Winter Storm Warning in effect from 6 PM this evening to 12 PM CST Saturday...-0.jpg   Winter Storm Warning in effect from 6 PM this evening to 12 PM CST Saturday...-4.jpg   Winter Storm Warning in effect from 6 PM this evening to 12 PM CST Saturday...-3.jpg  

Old 03-09-2008, 09:23 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,138,460 times
I know how you feel, pineywoods, after living almost all of my life in N. PA about 20 north of I-80 and MI, and MA and a few years in the Poconos.

But, to us way down here in TN and N. GA it sure does look beautiful.

I hope you have an early spring this year and this bad snowstorm will just be a memory. What beautiful summers you have up there! I think you probably appreciate them even more than we do.

Stay warm and safe.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:35 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,222,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HengyMama View Post
The Leaf Chronicle - www.theleafchronicle.com - Clarksville, TN

Old 03-10-2008, 08:31 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Sooooooo, while I saw flurries this past weekend, none of it stuck. That makes the grand total of snowfall in Oak Ridge this year about a half inch - an inch which was totally gone by noon on the day after the night it fell.

Today, the birds are chirping like all get out. Saw big robins by the doctor's office (one thing I have to say around here, meaning the East Tennessee area, is that all of the birds look well fed) and red berries on some bushes. I think Spring's a comin'.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:33 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,436,144 times
Ok, finally got pics uploaded. I was gone through a good bit of the storm. Left at 4AM Saturday and didn't get home until well past midnight. So, by the time I got up Sunday afternoon a good bit had already melted. But at least there is some left to take pictures of!

The first was Sunday afternoon when it had already started melting off. The other is Saturday morning as it was starting. The kids took that while we were gone.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r246/MRS1885/Tennessee/Scenery/Louellaslastday028.jpg (broken link)
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r246/MRS1885/Tennessee/Scenery/Louellaslastday004.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee