Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 10:01 AM

458 posts, read 1,272,156 times

Advertisements

Are you from Michigan or Ohio? Then, yes, it's scary, verrrrry, verrrrrry scary. You don't want to be here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2007, 07:39 PM

75 posts, read 347,912 times
What you need to realize about Crossville is that the city of Crossville itself has a small population and the city itself is small. Crossville is the center of Cumberland county and everything in the county revolves around Crossville. Tansi is in the county as well as Fairfield Glade, but everyone who lives in these places does business in the city. So, all the crime statistics coming from the courthouse which is located in the city of Crossville is regarding all of Cumberland County. People also come here from Pikeville and Morgan county and other sorrounding counties.
IMO people retire here because of the mild climate and the laid back atmosphere. Also, when compared to NY and FL the housing market is a steal.
Yes , there is crime here as well as poverty. There are only so many jobs to go around, which leads to crime. I believe meth is the drug of choice, but i'm sure if they could get a hold of some cocaine they wouldn't mind. There may even be some heroine addicts, who knows?
And yes, some people seem mean and grumpy, but I don't think it is a matter of them accepting you. It's a matter of you accepting them.

Old 03-09-2007, 11:29 PM

77 posts, read 305,773 times
"but I don't think it is a matter of them accepting you. It's a matter of you accepting them."

Yep I have to agree......

Old 03-10-2007, 05:54 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockytop62 View Post
I espect a lot of bogies .
See what I mean? The bogieman is a golfer. Hide the children!

Old 03-10-2007, 09:30 PM

24,768 posts, read 28,526,608 times
Lions.....Tigers.......and Bears.........OMG......

Old 04-18-2007, 02:06 PM

3 posts, read 9,218 times
You may be looking at the stats but really...USUALLY the biggest crime in the Chronicle is Bobby Jo got arrested for carrying dope!!! Or someone robbed the Family Dollar for a package of diapers. When I first moved to Crossville, there was a murder. This murder was a man who was having an affair and to end it he killed her. USUALLY as posted above these crimes are domestic. Some aren't but then hey I moved from Orlando where they just pull out a gun on the street and shoot you whenever and wherever they want! Or better run over you and drag you down the road...yes road rage in Orlando Florida has gotten that bad. The other "BAD" problem here is the Meth. but hell it is the ONLY problem they really have here. I have yet to see the crime everyone is so upset about and I have lived here for a year.

Things like arson and murder hapen everywhere. Have you been living under a rock? Yes, small town+big story= beating the dead horse!!! Let it go...

Sales tax is higher here than most other places but in the end your bottom line is still is cheaper than most other places

I am part of the working class in Crossville and you can rest assured that I MOST CERTAINLY DO PAY TAXES.

And have you ever seen or do you know what someone tweaked on meth is capable of???

Old 04-18-2007, 02:15 PM

1,775 posts, read 8,100,245 times
I've lived in some places that weren't the greatest in other states and I just minded my own business and never had any problems with the crime and drug problem. It was all around me but i never participated nor got into THEIR business. Is that the same in TN? just mind your business and nobody will bother you? I mean drugs and crime are everywhere. Just because it doesn't make the headlines on the news everyday doesn't mean it's not going on in your area. I guess i'm saying in my past experience is that it shouldn't be a problem unless you make it a problem.

Old 04-19-2007, 07:00 AM

4 posts, read 15,612 times
omg! "i'm neither amplifying or sugarcoating" haha -yes i know "just the facts" thanks! siberia huh? where does that mean you're from? i think we all need to know so we can be on the same playing field. tennessee is one of the best states left regardless of your findings- especially east tn. tennessee is on a lot of peoples lips lately. could it be we're being discovered? shhhhh!!!!

Old 04-19-2007, 06:07 PM

63 posts, read 302,709 times
Man, Crossville a crime capital? Get real. It is one of the nicest, friendliest towns on earth. ALOT depends on how crime is reported. In a place like that passing a bad check is a crime. Down here in Ft. Lauderdale passing a bad check is normal and people don't get reported for it.

ALSO many places fudge crime stats since stats are all about Federal and State Funds, our BSO Sherriff is a stat fudging expert. He's well known for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee